The Watch Site banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An old guy I've gotten to know over the years just told me he collected Seiko's 20 something years ago.
He is going to trade them for my silver coins.

My question is in regards to a Kakume speedtimer he has.

I'm fairly confident it is all original, including the bracelet. But the dial looked more matte that the champange kakumes I have since looked at. It was faded, but still nice, and almost off cream colour.

Was there a variance in the jdm Kakume champagne dials? Or is it common for them to loose their shiny luster? or is this an old redial?

Sorry, I know it's hard without pics, I will add as soon as I get some. I was a little overwhelmed, it was hard to take in all the details.
I'm just hoping some of you may know about the champagne kakume's, and hopefully show me what to look for. It might help me go into the trade with better knowledge.

The others were a couple of old Seiko 5's, a Bell-matic, a stunning gold calculator watch, and a few ladies watches.

Please share your Kakume's

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Photos are best to help gauge a more accurate idea of condition
Yes my bad, I wish I took some photos.

The dial looked exactly like this (example just found), even the "Speedtimer" text was faded the same. Same bracelet and hands I believe.

Watch Analog watch Rectangle Silver Clock

So I assume they do fade and loose the metallic shine. I will have a closer look next week and hopefully bring it home

·
Special Member
945 Posts
Some useful information here:

In my experience, the champagne dials are prone to fading.

·
Special Member
3,799 Posts
These do fade. Here is my original one. There are three variants of the Champaign dials however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts