The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three of a kind. Just the time presented without frills but with perfection both in performance and termination.

36 mm. Grand Seiko 9F61.
No frills; just the time presented with perfection both in performance and termination.

They yet need to be set to the second. After that I can simply wear them adapted to the occasion since they have very different presences on the wrist.

·
Registered
349 Posts
WOW !!!!

Very nice trio !!!

Congrats & wear them in good health...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the compliments.

One of the things I like best is that they are the embodyment of understatement and pass complétely under the radar of WIS-dom.

Last week I flew back from Brussles with the plna pácked bcause of the dust cloud delays. I was literally surrounded by WISs who started passing their watches around. Even the purser joined in with his Rolex oyster daydate. I was asked to pass a few through even.
Now I am not talking about táste as that is personal but not a single one of the watches shown off was on par with the termination or performance of my GS that was only glanced at sideways.
I lóved it O:)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Come to think of it. The Grand Seiko heq threehander (with or without date window) is pretty much a classic in it´s own right.
It was introduced in 1988 in the form of the 9587-8000:

The case has grown 3 mm. in diameter but that´s about it.
This model is strongly represented in the current catalogue next to a more angular case design with crown protectors and it shows no sign of being reassigned to the museum just yet;

a classic case of GS heq 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts