The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"The Prospector"
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a request from someone unknown to me too my bank for £400 on Easter monday, and after a lot of phone calls to and fro, the money was returned to my account last night. It only took 8 days !!! :mad:

I thought that I was due a lil present to myself for all of the hassle.

I have just picked this up for £26 inc postage...

I bought more for the unusual look etc, not seem one quite like it before, I doubt it is anything special....But I kind of like it, in a retro way.
Your comments and \ or any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Vyn.
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Vyn,

Very nice; it is a real attention grabber. I love the variety of shapes of watches from what I'd guess is the mid/late 70s. Can you date it?

Regards,

Ed B.

·
"The Prospector"
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi thks Ed, :)
I haven't got it as yet, when I have i will consult the watch dater and post some pics :) I think thats what got me started with Seiko's tbh...so many variations, well that and my Father being a Watchmaker by trade.

·
"The Prospector"
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats exactly what I thought Dani, Weird was the word, only it has a certain cache' I think anyhow :) and for £26 i aint about to quibble

·
Administrator
33,851 Posts
For that money and original bracelet (?) you can't go wrong :)

·
"The Prospector"
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Indeed not Tiger, its like for nothing really, dunno about the bracelet, only I very much doubt its original.... the seller doesn't state that, but it looks the part, if its not original I guess :)

·
Administrator
33,851 Posts
Indeed not Tiger, its like for nothing really, dunno about the bracelet, only I very much doubt its original.... the seller doesn't state that, but it looks the part, if its not original I guess :)
I could be 1000% wrong but looking at the lug set up it makes you think it is original :)

·
"The Prospector"
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:wee_hee:A bonus if it is I think :)
Someone has just e mailed me and asked if I wanted to sell it !!!

·
Craftsman
4,029 Posts
Looks like a nice find. I believe the bracelet is original. I had this 6106-5459 from 71' which is very similar. Your bracelet appears to be the same as the original bracelet on mine.

Tom

·
"The Prospector"
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah cool SP thks for the info and the pics, that is a bonus then, I am well pleased :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts