The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
"The Prospector"
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's snowing here today and very cold, done the town thing, so home in the warm, and boredom set in, so a quick look at e bay, Hmmm fatal for me.
I saw this with a BIN and just had to push the button.
Not to everyones taste I know, but I think it's cool.
I've been reading a bit more on these watches, apparently, they were issued in the 90's in direct competition with the Seiko AKA range.
They were issued to appeal to the young consumer, just like the Seiko S-Wave I guess, and were only ever issued in the Far East ( may or may not be true)
Pics attached

Attachments

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Nothing wrong with that one, love the retro look!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Does it for me, very nice. I also like the earlier offerings from Citizen :cool:
Here's one I bought last year :-

·
"The Prospector"
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mmmm thats very nice John, lovely dial and hand set, but I am a sucker for a blue dial :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice find! I'd really like to see a wristshot when it arrives!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Mmmm thats very nice John, lovely dial and hand set, but I am a sucker for a blue dial :)
Funny you should say that, I've currently got eight watches with blue dials ;). The Citizen Cosmotrons though also really appealed to me as they are a sort of missing link between mechanical and quartz watches, being 'electronic', not quartz, but with a conventional mechanical movement with a balance wheel, as shown HERE

·
"The Prospector"
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thks Jim, my kind of watch tbh, cheers Shovel :)
I gotta get one of those John, they are really cool :)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I think its a quartz Independent 1481010 similar to this one I had once. It had a simple citizen quartz movement that I had to replace with a miyota one but I had to keep the cannon pinion hour wheel and centre wheel because of the heights of the discs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts