The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Special Member
26,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted a Citizen Promaster...This one came along and the price was more than right ;) Needed new batteries and a cleaning (It appeared like the watch was never opened) Original strap, Feels like a soft and supple GL831 Strap. I am ery satisfied and I can see why these can be ever so addictive :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
JB list it as 54-L5374F but they no longer can get it as its return to Citizen... You may be able to source from another country from ebay?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have used a generic in 1 of mine, but Citizen uses a strange thickness, so the closest i could get was a little thin, but it looks fine on the watch. I will have to look up the dimensions....

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Does anyone know where I can purchase a new crystal for this C023-089405 ?
Aloha David I sent you a PM already
A generic one can be used only it is a little lower in thickness ( Height ).
Also these don't use ( Rubber Gasket seals), they are originally made of .........
some kind of ........ " Nylon Material ", from the information I got.
That's also right John, and they can be got at ..... Cousin's also.
Also . ....... Speedtimerkollektion's carry used cases and parts that are quite good also,
I got a few things from them and cheap too.
The Owner is very outstanding to deal with also a very nice guy.
-______________________________________________________________________
This model has a ........ 22 mm Lug ......:72:
not like the other C230's with 24mm Lugs.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Hi fellas! Long time away from here. :(

As for the classic aqualand (like the CO23-088069 Y), the current reissue model (JP2000-08E and JP2004-07E) crystal is a direct swap with the older model. They are interchangeable.

Now, the model requested by the OP here, 089405 uses the same module of the 088069, and in fact I've seen some mods where the 089405 dial and hands have been dropped inside the 088069 case, so there's a mighty chance that a new crystal from the current reissue models may be a direct fit to this vintage model. Order a new crystal directly from Citizen in Torrence, CA.

Alternatively, the generic crystal dimensions that would be a fit are as follows: 308x2.5mm sternkruez.

This info I have to thank our dear Neilo. They are available at Cousins UK.

·
Special Member
6,523 Posts
..........Also . ....... Speedtimerkollektion's carry used cases and parts that are quite good also,
I got a few things from them and cheap too.
The Owner is very outstanding to deal with also a very nice guy.
-______________________________________________________________________
Thanks LongBike That is a terrific web site !

·
Registered
94 Posts
Gasket size?

Alternatively, the generic crystal dimensions that would be a fit are as follows: 308x2.5mm sternkruez.

I have to replace the crystal and gasket in a C022. Does anybody know what the correct size is for the gasket? I always seem to get this wrong ;)

Per

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
gorgeous watch and great find...this is why i love this site...all the great people and info

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm having a really hard time finding a crystal for my C026 aqualand. Contacted citizen to try the JP2000-08E crystal and they told me its discontinued...

There are so many options for a generic crystal, a part number would be nice :)

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Aloha , morethan2
That is why you need to buy at least one Parts watch in case you need some parts.
( Problem solved right there. )
Aloha Louis

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I have to replace the crystal and gasket in a C022. Does anybody know what the correct size is for the gasket? I always seem to get this wrong ;)

Per
Aloha Per,
If you remove the Crystal and the ( Nylon Gasket ) , ( IS STILL GOOD ).....
" By this I would mean not ...Frailed- "Fuzzy Edges", Damaged, or cracked, Broken, re-use it again " it not need to be taken out at all if it is in good shape. If the Crystal is good use ..... Dawn Liquid Dish Soap to Clean the
watch head up, that all then wipe it clean and dry.
Dawn Liquid Soap will not harden Plastic or Nylon.
( NOTE: " DO NOT REMOVE IT " it can be reused again. ) You might damage it accidentally and not see it.
( They are very hard to find too so do not damage it. )
You can use a very small amount of ...... ( Silicon Gasket Sealer ),if wanted also. Just a bit so as it wont bleed into the crystal area and be seen in the watch. ( Let it dry for at least ...(3-4) Hours as the (fumes evaporate ),
and wont ......effect the watch inside when close up.
When you replace the Crystal back on, NOTE: Hold the Crystal, place it on the gasket .... Now give it a slight twist ...(( Back and Forward )), to place it in then you can press it into the case.
Press it very lightly even with your hands it will go in. ( Two Thumbs will do it. )
( I do not use a press with them at all. (Squashed Gasket will occur. )

·
Registered
1 Posts

As for the classic aqualand (like the CO23-088069 Y), the current reissue model (JP2000-08E and JP2004-07E) crystal is a direct swap with the older model. They are interchangeable.
I know this is old and my post is a LONG shot, but, would you happen to know if the crystal from a C023-088069 is a match for C023-089405? I've given my old 089405 to my son and we need a crystal replacement. The current one is chipped (looks to be all the way through) and we fear moisture will get in. Finding a replacement crystal is a needle in a stack of needles...but...I have found an old 088069 and am wondering if that crystal can be used.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Now, the model requested by the OP here, 089405 uses the same module of the 088069, and in fact I've seen some mods where the 089405 dial and hands have been dropped inside the 088069 case, so there's a mighty chance that a new crystal from the current reissue models may be a direct fit to this vintage model. Order a new crystal directly from Citizen in Torrence, CA.

Hello Mr. Chris.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts