The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up my second Marinemaster. I sold my first a couple years ago.

I always found it a little uncomfortable, as I wear my watches a little loose. There's a sharp bit on the flippy part of the extendable clasp that sort of poked my wrist when the watch moved around. The new MM was no different from the old.

Well, I also added a Landmaster SBDB005 to the collection in December. Thinking that it should have an extendable clasp, for fitting over my parka as I ascend K2 (not really...), I swapped them.

I really wasn't expecting the HUGE increase in bracelet comfort on the MM. And because the Landmaster is titanium and really light, the sharp bit on the clasp doesn't bother me in the same way on that watch.

I haven't seen the clasps for sale, but they're an excellent fit - both in comfort and quality - on the SBDX001!

Cheers,
Jeff C

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have recently bought a new one.

My first "new" watch for some time. I know it's been said before but it is a hell of a lot of watch for the money!
When you think what other professional watch can I get, with that quality and pedigree? Sure I can buy a used Omega SMP or a Used Planet Ocean? When you see how the watch is constructed with its screw down crystal system, it's high grade movement ( wish it was closer to COSC specs though) the competition doesn't seem that innovative IMHO.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I completely agree, Mr. Lazenby. Between selling my last MM and buying this one, I owned:

2 Glycines, an SST12 & a double 24
1 Squale 2002
2 Aquadive BS100s
1 Hamilton Pan Europ
1 Longines Legend diver
2 MkII Paradives
1 MkII GMT48
1 MkII Seafighter bund
1 Tudor Pelagos
2 Precistas: a PRS-9 CAF and a PRS-50B FF
1 Laco Kiel chrono

I also took a 45mm Planet Ocean for a spin and was - must be honest - pretty let down. It looks great from a distance, but up close not so much. And the bezel feel was SKX quality!

Since coming back to Seiko I've been properly stunned at the quality. First time round (when I owned a dozen Seikos...), I didn't appreciate what I had!

My last MM was regulated by Dr. Seiko and kept perfect time. This one will be visiting the doctor soon!

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
16 Posts
^^^^^^ Looks great!

I also took a 45mm Planet Ocean for a spin and was - must be honest - pretty let down. It looks great from a distance, but up close not so much. And the bezel feel was SKX quality!
WOW, seriously? Planet Ocean Liquid Metal has been on my list for a while now. Quite discouraging to read your assessment! Maybe I should revisit one sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was a little surprised by the PO, to be honest. The bezel was surprisingly cheap feeling.

Though I will note that I'd been wearing the Pelagos for 6 months straight and it's got the best bezel action going, imo.

Jeff C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts