The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is my first post after lurking for a few weeks. I've suddenly acquired an interest in vintage watches after having my better half's grandfather's Omega restored for her as a surprise. (great, another potentially expensive hobby).

Having found myself particularly enamoured of Seiko 6139s in all their variations I set out to try to find one. Luckily, first I found Tom Hickman's (thickman808) site and contacted him.

Tom graciously agreed to look at any potential purchases on the famous auction site for me and let me know whether they were authentic or not. He did so on several occasions and I now have a 6139-6012 wending its way to me from Spain.

So a big thank you Tom for spending your time answering my questions. I'm sure this won't be the last watch....just don't tell SWMBO

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome FAB, it will probably be the first of many:93:
I'm sure of it. I've always had a fascination for watches, just never thought of collecting them before. I'm just glad Tom saved me from wasting money on several frankenwatches I had my eye on. Eventually I'll get better at picking the good ones, but having a community like this is an awesome resource.

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
This is a good place to be if you want to start collecting vintage Seiko 6138 and 6139 chrono's, - and don't forget the divers, particularly the classic 6105 and 6309.

Originality is everything. Learning how to tell what is right and what isn't is all part of the enjoyment of the hobby.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to have you with us...Tom is a great man who knows his stuff...and is very kind too...if you need anything all you have to do is ask...John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts