The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a moment of probable madness I just bought this :eek:hmy:
It purports to have a Japanese movement, but as yet, till it arrives I haven't a clue as to what it is. Don't even know if it is manual wind, automatic or even quartz, though I suspect the later is unlikely. The hands and dial have a very Seiko or Citizen look to them, but have never seen a day/date window in the 4 o'clock position, though I suspect this is because the maker has put a 3 o'clock movement into a 4 o'clock case?
Being a 'resist' watch it has to be post 1970, but I can find nothing about 'Bolier' on the internet at all. :(. Anyone on here shed any light on it?
Watch this space for updates when I receive it, can't wait to get the back off. ;)
Front view

And back view of the case (now that is SERIOUS Wabi!):eek:hmy:

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
hey i seen one the bay...different model than that one...looks like it has some potential

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
well never seen that model...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Other than the plated case, looks like it might be the same animal ;)
Beginning to think I haven't wasted $9.99 :cool:
Bit slow on the uptake tonight, just realised that the above watch is not a genuine Seiko (the Miyota 2105 movement is a bit of a giveaway as it's origins are with Citizen but if I can tidy up my watch and get it running, for less than $10 it was a bargain (I'll fight back the temptation to stick a Seiko logo on the dial and shoehorn in a Miyota quartz movement.)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A rather belated update, it arrived and turned out to be the exact watch that the Seiko fake was based on, even the same Miyota movement. :(
Anyway, cleaned it up and fitted a cheap dive strap and we have a passable beater, at least it isn't purporting to be something it isn't.;)
Any one want a cheap watch?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts