The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just bought a Seiko kinetic diver off eBay and wondered if you could properly Id it photo isn't great as its the sellers one his other photo you could hardly tell it was even a watch

From a bit of digging I think its a SHF047P 5m23-6b50 but can't find much about them but is it what I think it is? Can't find any for sale either really

Seems I can't post a picture till I'm over 5 posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Obviously when it turns up I will know what it is. Is the version I mentioned unpopular as I cant see much about them anyway I'm new to collecting watches

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Well the fact that it is powered by a 5M23 Kinetic movement means its a first generation Kinetic. Did it mention in the add if it worked? I personally like Kinetic powered watches. If the capacitor is in perfect working order they have a very long power reserve. More than any spring driven auto winder. They are not to bad to work on if the capacitor does not hold a full charge. You have a couple of choices. You can install a new capacitor for under 20 bucks. If the charging rotor or circuit is bad they can be converted to run off of a regular power cell to.
Getting parts for the case or dial could be very hard as this is an older model.

Michael

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The advert said it runs but hey he thought it was from 1976 ! Cap replacement will be done when I get it for £13 delivered it be silly not to do it. Gotta stop buying watches this month bought too many!

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
great looking watch...i loved my ska 369 i had...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got in from work and its here Pepsi bezel blue dial marked Seiko kinetic sport 150m its filthy but crystal is good and bezel insert isn't too bad will post pics when I wake up !

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I love Seiko Sports models. All of them from the real early 6119 auto winders to some of the oddball stuff from the 80's powered by the 7123 5H23 5M23 Kinetic movements and even the higher end quartz movements like the 7546 and 7548 movements. I think Seiko has used just about every movement inside a model labeled Sports at one time or another. Clean it up so we can see what you have there.

Michael

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Th button gives teh power reserve of the capacitor. Press it teh second hand moves. The more it moves the more power it has. The more power it has, the longer the watch will work.

Maybe worth doing some googling for instructions etc

1 - 20 of 36 Posts