The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #1
Adding to my previous Guillaume N茅ry Post this is another Discipline in the Freediving world That amazes me as it鈥檚 a way Most free Divers Train And also how I used to train having only as most in the UK this facility for use so using the Local Pool was our only means especially in the winter.

Mateusz Malina From Poland is still The Current (DYF) Dynamic With Fins/Monofin Gold Medal World record Holder indoors with a length of
316.53 metres馃槷馃槷馃槷 Now That鈥檚 over 6 lengths in layman鈥檚 terms of a 50m Pool馃檲

Hold your Breath As Here鈥檚 how he did it:-馃憦馃憦馃憦

Registered
I watched the entire thing Neilo. That is a superhuman feat. I can't go that long without having to pee . Thanks for sharing this buddy!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
What difference does doing the same distance at depth do to the body Neilo? Is it harder?

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #5
What difference does doing the same distance at depth do to the body Neilo? Is it harder?

King Kenny Sir Most Definitely as Diving to Depth then brings pressure into the equation as the deeper you Dive the smaller your Lungs get.

In Layman鈥檚 Terms if you take a 2 litre sealed empty bottle under water and down in depth (This Exercise is always Shown to new Divers whether Scuba or Freedivers) you will physically watch the bottle crush into literally an empty bottle but in ascending the Bottle regains it鈥檚 size again馃槷 it鈥檚 amazing to see in the flesh and why SCUBA tanks are usually metal and compressed yet they still
Compress the deeper you go giving you less Dive time the Deeper you go.

That鈥檚 what鈥檚 happening to your Lung Capacity as you dive deeper.
Deep Freedivers Lungs compress down to the size of an Orange 馃崐
鈥淐itrus Lungs鈥濔煒傪煒傪煒

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #6
I watched the entire thing Neilo. That is a superhuman feat. I can't go that long without having to pee . Thanks for sharing this buddy!

Kenny Have a Look At my other Post (12minutes Of Freediving Awesomness)
And Videos On it.馃憤馃憤 you will be blown away馃槣

Registered
Interesting explanation Neilo. So as you go deeper the pressure is forcing the air that's in your lungs out into your body?

So how come he couldn't do 400 meters in the pool if the pressure is not a factor?

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting explanation Neilo. So as you go deeper the pressure is forcing the air that's in your lungs out into your body?

So how come he couldn't do 400 meters in the pool if the pressure is not a factor?

Kenny Sir

the increased pressure causes the volume of air in your lungs to decrease. But as this happens,the partial pressure of the air inside your lungs increases. ...Weird,Then, as you ascend, the volume of air inside your lungs increases, oxygen comes out of the blood, back into your lungs.

As for not being able to do 400m then that鈥檚 Human Nature and our Body Biology As exertion under water to move forward uses up oxygen turning it into
Carbon Dioxide which builds up and requires us to breathe in air again for the Oxygen we need.
If you read his comments on the Dive he states his body is really tired as his oxygen is turning to carbon Dioxide creating Lactic Acid which is why we tire
And hurt after exercise but he鈥檚 holding his breath in the process as well using up Oxgen twice as fast.

This is why ND Limits Divers can Dive much deeper as there鈥檚 little exertion being dropped down on an underwater Sledge ergo using less oxygen馃憤

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #9

Kenny Sir
Ooooh Technical Question馃槷
The increased pressure causes the volume of air in your lungs to decrease?
But as this happens,the partial pressure of the air inside your lungs increases. ...Weird!! Then,as you ascend,the volume of air inside your lungs increases, oxygen comes out of the blood, back into your lungs.

As for not being able to do 400m then that鈥檚 Human Nature and our Body Biology As exertion under water to move forward uses up oxygen turning it into
Carbon Dioxide which builds up and requires us to breathe in air again for the Oxygen we need.
If you read his comments on the Dive he states his body is really tired as his oxygen is turning to carbon Dioxide creating Lactic Acid which is why we tire
And hurt after exercise but he鈥檚 holding his breath in the process as well using up Oxgen twice as fast.

This is why ND Limits Divers can Dive much deeper as there鈥檚 little exertion being dropped down on an underwater Sledge, ergo using less oxygen馃憤
We only have a certain amount of time underwater like Most mammals
Who can only stay underwater for a certain length before needing a breath Whales,Dolphins,Seals,sea Lions,Penguins etc.but training and Practice makes freedivers hold their breath Longer than the Average human and Dive deeper.

Be nice to have Gills though if needed馃槀

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, indeed an unbelievable feat! Thanks for sharing...would be interesting to know your personal best record.
Ed Sir Depth Or Breath Holding.?

Depth 52.8m with Fins.馃憤
Apnea 5 mins 42 Seconds馃憤

Registered
I just tried it Neilo. I made it to 1 minute 45 seconds. My head hurts now.

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #12
I just tried it Neilo. I made it to 1 minute 45 seconds. My head hurts now.

馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀 Kenny Sir That鈥檚 Still Good Going And about average for most people.
Now all you need to do is practice Daily even once and I bet by the end of a week your over 2 minutes馃憤
Remember you and most people can hold their breath around 30 Seconds longer than you think If you can push through the (I need to breathe now Barrier)
If your ever out walking look ahead and pick a spot and walk Holding your breath to see if you reach it.Good Lung exercise as well.
I May start Chanting in a minute馃槀馃槀馃槀 ommmm ommmm馃槣

Registered
Thanks Neilo. I might have been able to go a bit longer but I had to sneeze right at the end. I don't think I want to try it again. My head still feels weird!

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Neilo. I might have been able to go a bit longer but I had to sneeze right at the end. I don't think I want to try it again. My head still feels weird!

Relax KK Sir And You鈥檝e Made the First step.
The effects are your body not being used to it馃憤
Eg:think of the last time you tried to hold your breath? Bet it was a long time ago.馃槷

Registered
Adding to my previous Guillaume N茅ry Post this is another Discipline in the Freediving world That amazes me as it鈥檚 a way Most free Divers Train And also how I used to train having only as most in the UK this facility for use so using the Local Pool was our only means especially in the winter.

Mateusz Malina From Poland is still The Current (DYF) Dynamic With Fins/Monofin Gold Medal World record Holder indoors with a length of
316.53 metres馃槷馃槷馃槷 Now That鈥檚 over 6 lengths in layman鈥檚 terms of a 50m Pool馃檲

Hold your Breath As Here鈥檚 how he did it:-馃憦馃憦馃憦

https://youtu.be/hV4TWETr7N0
Well done Mateusz, well done 馃嚨馃嚤 Poland :)
316m, like steel for watches - 316L :) 馃構

Registered
Wow! Just wow! That's twelve lengths of my local pool.i can't do ten with having to stop. I see that I am going to have to try harder.

I found his commentary very interesting. It is very much a mental challenge as much as a physical one. And was interesting to see how he varied his stroke rate too.

I think my challenge for next year will be to increase my breath holding capabilites but to time my efforts I need to buy a chrono as I don't have one in the collection. :))

Premium Member
this stuff is so cool. thanks for sharing Neilo. I'm outta breath just watching ...

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thank you Gents but you have 鈥渙ne more to watch鈥漟rom a more Current Freediver that I have also a lot of respect for 鈥淲illiam Trubridge鈥 Born in the UK
But moved to New Zealand at the age of 18mths

He is a multiple World Record Holder with a Huge Resume as Shown below:-

81 m (265.74 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 9 April 2007
82 m (269.02 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 11 April 2007
84 m (275.59 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 4 April 2008
107 m (351.04 ft) Free Immersion, 8 April 2008
86 m (282.15 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 10 April 2008
108 m (354.33 ft) Free Immersion, 11 April 2008
88 m (288.71 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 10 April 2009
90 m (295.27 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 3 December 2009
92 m (301.83 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 19 April 2010
116 m (380.57 ft) Free Immersion, 22 April 2010
95 m (311.67 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 26 April 2010
96 m (314.96 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 10 December 2010
100 m (328.08 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 14 December 2010
101 m (331.36 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 16 December 2010
121 m (396.98 ft) Free Immersion, 10 April 2011
122 m (~400 ft) Free Immersion, 30 April 2016
124 m (~407 ft) Free Immersion, 2 May 2016[4]
102 m (334.65 ft) Constant Weight without fins, 21 July 2016[5]

One of His Best Dives I鈥檝e always Loved watching
(And a few Divers have Died attempting) is the ARCH BLUE HOLE in DAHAB.

This is just Scary with no fins no wetsuit just a mask馃檲
Hope you like it馃憤

He is also Watch wise Sponsored by SUUNTO.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts