The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you forumers,

My first post on the new improved board :-* Lovely!

On to the subject...I'm quite sure this has been a topic before but I'm at wit's end...I REALLY need to replace the dial on my 6138-8020 (Panda) to be able to move on in life :'( ,this need has grown to such an extent that I'm even seriously considering buying a NOS (which I'm sure it isn't) dial off our great buddy sophon-I (so phoney?).
Please, isn't there anybody out there who would like to have a go at remaking these? A big shout out to all dial manufacturers out there reading this: there is definitely a market!

I'm getting really frustrated about all the types of chrono aftermarket dials popping up everywhere except the one that is really sought after. At least, that's my perception. Any thoughts on the matter are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Ferdinand

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Try fellow forumers, Peter Khun or Rob Van Herpt. It's possible they might have an OEM dial in their stores, or that they might be able to source one for you, or point you in the right direction.

If not contact Jose Sotto or Ramon Jalandoni, they might be able to source a used one for you in half way decent condition. janice & Fred, another Philipines based member who are actually a couple, might also be able to help you track a dial down.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I wish I had one... My Panda is being serviced right now, and a fresh dial and crystal is always high on my to-do list.

Peter might have one, or a good after market one on Ebay?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the leads Gabe! I have contacted Rob (a fellow countryman) and Ramon before, the others I will try.
I consider you one of the best informed 'seikoholics' around, so I guess searching for aftermarket panda dials is to no avail....? Rob, have you seen aftermarket dials and if so, where?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Steve,
They look great! I guess the aftermarket one is on the right? Since mine is also appearing light grey from an angle...Can you still source these?

Thx!
Ferdinand

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes...that's the one! I would have ordered one already, even at that price , if it wasn't for the many warnings I have been getting about the seller. I therefore decided not to do business with him. Ever.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Actually the one on the left is the aftermarket and the one on the right is original.

Steve

NevRo said:
I had to break down myself! One is aftermarket and the other is original.

Steve
[/quote]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts