The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks. New Seiko wannabe. Own a Breitling Superocean but I'm tired of the automatic wind movement. Want to go solar and I'm looking at the various Prospex watches. I've noticed an on-line firm named Jomashop that advertises Seiko's at a discount from retailers because they supposedly sell gray market watches. Was wondering if any members have purchased from Jomashop and would kindly give their review of the product received. Thank you

·
Registered
30 Posts
I personally recommend SeiyaJapan.com and Japan-onlinestore.com, having bought from both. But be aware that there may be custom charges to get the watches.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought a Seiko 5 from Jomashop back in the fall - they accidentally sent the wrong watch the first time, but corrected the mistake with free return shipping. The whole process was a little slow (maybe three weeks from start to finish due to the replacement) - more like 1990's mail order than Amazon - but in the end everything was right and the price ($70 for a new SNXS77) was tough to beat.

I don't know anything about their gray market warranty coverage/process - my watch came with a three year warranty, but nothing has broken yet...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Bought a Hamilton from them last year. No issues, fast delivery. Grey market but I'm not concerned. It's an ETA 2801-2 in a Swatch group watch. Hard to worry. Warranty is though Jomashop but I seriously doubt I will ever need it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Seiko from them if it was the right price.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I decided to grab an SKX07 on the jubliee from them for what was not a really great price but just to get the job done.

Instead they sent me the rubber strap version, with Jomashop tags indicating it was the jubilee variant. Some posts above suggest this happens with them.

The box was some stock blue Seiko box with a quartz reference owners manual and no warranty pamphelt or card and like Saul says a fugazi Jomashop warranty worth the price of the paper it was printed on.

I called customer service their answer was they'd send me a postage label to return, then if and when they got more bracelet versions in I could order at the price they were assigning to the product at that time. That's not horrible but not a great reply either. I might add the CS rep was bored out her mind discussing it.

I just kept the darn thing and ordered up the genuine jubilee so now I have an NOS SKX007 with both bracelet and strap for some day in the future.

Would I buy from Jomashop again? Probably not unless their price was really great.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I decided to grab an SKX07 on the jubliee from them for what was not a really great price but just to get the job done.

Instead they sent me the rubber strap version, with Jomashop tags indicating it was the jubilee variant. Some posts above suggest this happens with them.

The box was some stock blue Seiko box with a quartz reference owners manual and no warranty pamphelt or card and like Saul says a fugazi Jomashop warranty worth the price of the paper it was printed on.

I called customer service their answer was they'd send me a postage label to return, then if and when they got more bracelet versions in I could order at the price they were assigning to the product at that time. That's not horrible but not a great reply either. I might add the CS rep was bored out her mind discussing it.

I just kept the darn thing and ordered up the genuine jubilee so now I have an NOS SKX007 with both bracelet and strap for some day in the future.

Would I buy from Jomashop again? Probably not unless their price was really great.

Geez Jon, that is kind of a horrible story. I would have been more upset. Thankfully everything was factory fresh and correct with my Hammy.

Fugazi? Fuggedaboudit!

·
Registered
97 Posts
My two or three purchases from them have gone perfectly well. After a day with one of the watches I decided it just wasn’t for me and they happily issued a refund.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I bought an Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch from Jomashop and everything was great. The only down side to them in my opinion is you are getting their warranty and not the manufacture's warranty. For the price, I was not too worried about the warranty but if I had to do it again I would likely go a different route. There are grey market dealers out there with Seiko warranty cards intact. You just have to look.

You should check with Mark at Long Island Watch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts