The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next goal is to pick an analogue Japanese diver (with high preference toward Citizen& Seiko) with H.A.Q./H.E.Q. -or- atomic/radio controlled synch capabilities, and I can only think of several.

I've got to be missing some, as I can only come up with these two:

-Seiko SBCM023 with H.A.Q. 8F35 mov't

-Seiko SLR001/003 "Quartz Monsters"

What else is out there (if any)?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
minidriver said:
Citizen Japan has R/C divers under the Promaster Sea line but none of the will radio sync outside of Japan.

Www.citizen.jp
I wonder when Citizen plans on making more RC watches for the U.S. market.

I'm certainly no expert, but it seems to me that this type of watch would be wildly popular (at least amongst those that still wear/want to wear watches).

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
3 hand Citizen RC analogues are coming to the US market this fall. COA recognizes this vast market segment not yet fully addressed.
UpstandingCitizen said:
I wonder when Citizen plans on making more RC watches for the U.S. market.

I'm certainly no expert, but it seems to me that this type of watch would be wildly popular (at least amongst those that still wear/want to wear watches).

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
minidriver said:
3 hand Citizen RC analogues are coming to the US market this fall. COA recognizes this vast market segment not yet fully addressed.
I think I'll have to keep my eyes peeled then.

It seems like Citizen will be the way to go, because Seiko's current trend does not seem to imply that RC analogues are on their horizon (at least not yet, anyway).

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I forgot Citizen released a RC version of that carbon fiber bezel diver. Same module as in the Skyhawk AT. Model is JY0075-54E. Still listed on Citizen's web site, so I guess it is still current. There's a bunch on ebay.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Seiko does have RC models in the JDM and some movements sync in the USA and some do not. Now compared to Citizen, their ranges are very limited and the prices are much higher than comparable JDM Citizens.

Check out some of their solar RC world timers from their Brightz lineup.

UpstandingCitizen said:

It seems like Citizen will be the way to go, because Seiko's current trend does not seem to imply that RC analogues are on their horizon (at least not yet, anyway).

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nhoJ said:
I forgot Citizen released a RC version of that carbon fiber bezel diver. Same module as in the Skyhawk AT. Model is JY0075-54E. Still listed on Citizen's web site, so I guess it is still current. There's a bunch on ebay.

[/quote]

Uh-oh...I actually like this one. I didn't know they even made an RC version of this (with the same module as the Skyhawk, to boot). O0

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
UpstandingCitizen said:
Uh-oh...I actually like this one. I didn't know they even made an RC version of this (with the same module as the Skyhawk, to boot). O0
Garrett, I think I remember showing you this watch last year back at WUS during the time you were looking to get the Aqualand 20th Anniversary.

The Promaster Carbon series was released about a year ago. I think because mostly as a result of higher pricing , this U600 Carbon did not sell well, but apart from that it is a terrific watch in every sense of the word.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
I also think that Seiko is uninterested in the less than $1000 price bracket in the US.

UpstandingCitizen said:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
minidriver said:
Garrett, I think I remember showing you this watch last year back at WUS during the time you were looking to get the Aqualand 20th Anniversary.

The Promaster Carbon series was released about a year ago. I think because mostly as a result of higher pricing , this U600 Carbon did not sell well, but apart from that it is a terrific watch in every sense of the word.
How funny...I ran a search at WUS and sure enough, there we were talking about it. :D

So much for "not knowing they even made" this watch, eh? lol

minidriver said:
I also think that Seiko is uninterested in the less than $1000 price bracket in the US.
That sounds like a fair statement. I'm just waiting for the time when the current affordable staples (i.e. Monster, SKX007, etc.) are replaced at twice the price. That will be a sad day for many a Japanese watch aficionado.

·
Registered
534 Posts
my 2000 model Seiko HEQ 8f56 Landtrek adventure model ti, GMT, and Perpetual is great! Rated +-20secs/Year. 41mm wide. 200m rated.
Took the ti bracelet off and substituted a grey German goatskin leather strap.....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts