The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the part number for the mainspring in a J13046 movement, and where I might be able to find one?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,076 Posts
It can be difficult with these earlier movements which have multiple (unstamped) caliber numbers or names to figure out parts info. You may have to measure the height and thickness of the current spring (assuming it itself is correct) to narrow down the search. I can't quite figure out from an internet search if the caliber inside is the 54A, Cronos, Crown, Crown Cronos, 810... like I said, it can be difficult if you don't know what caliber you are dealing with. Maybe have your watchmaker identify the caliber and measure the existing spring? They would also be in the best position to find a replacement spring as well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can be difficult with these earlier movements which have multiple (unstamped) caliber numbers or names to figure out parts info. You may have to measure the height and thickness of the current spring (assuming it itself is correct) to narrow down the search. I can't quite figure out from an internet search if the caliber inside is the 54A, Cronos, Crown, Crown Cronos, 810... like I said, it can be difficult if you don't know what caliber you are dealing with. Maybe have your watchmaker identify the caliber and measure the existing spring? They would also be in the best position to find a replacement spring as well.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts