The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no tears goodbye.........well actually there is :) , theres only two that i regret letting go.......

my first modded 6309 7040 that was done by twickersdude...this really was a work of art.....Michael really did a great job on this...it had an all over beading that was flawless.....a NOS movement which ran like a dream.........something came up, and somebody offered me £280 for this......so it went....

second biggest regret is this...

a modded seiko sammy......again, this was another by twickers, and one of the nicest mods ive had....a slightly darker bead on this one, and again it was flawlessly done....michael also did a matching anvil bracelet to match this, and they looked awesome.........

so if i could get these two back....i would be a very happy man.............anyway....any of yours gone, and regretted?

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
I have trimmed down my collection considerably in the past month or so, and while I have had no regrets about some of those now departed watches, there are a couple I would not mind getting back.....

Junghans Mega 1000 digital radio controlled
Citizen Signature Collection Grand Complication.

We'll see. But for now I am very satisfied with my newly revamped collection. Higher quality pieces and less emphasis on quantity.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Regrets is something I try really hard not to dwell on. I try to justify it by telling myself that anything I've let go was because I didn't give it proper use or had another identical one to begins with.

Sadly the same doesn't apply to former girlfriends O0 .

·
Registered
822 Posts
mrteatime said:
a modded seiko sammy......again, this was another by twickers, and one of the nicest mods ive had....a slightly darker bead on this one, and again it was flawlessly done....

I do like that modded Sammi, especially on the orange strap. Orange is not usually my thing, but that one sings to me!

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Yep.i should have never sold my Oris Carlos Coste 1000m Divers.Again i was offered more than i paid for it after 12mths of wearing it.Awesome watch and just my size.
I will get another at some point.(Borrowed pic as im at work)

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Regrets... I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention. Well, that's how the song goes anyway. But I'll mention a few of mine. I miss 'em, but they went in order for me to pursue more expensive or more rare watches, so it's all OK in the end. Would I ever try to replace them? Maybe. There were some good watches cast overboard.

Omega Seamaster GMT

Oris TT1

SKX173 MkII mod

Fortis B-42

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TakesALickin said:
Regrets... I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention. Well, that's how the song goes anyway. But I'll mention a few of mine. I miss 'em, but they went in order for me to pursue more expensive or more rare watches, so it's all OK in the end. Would I ever try to replace them? Maybe. There were some good watches cast overboard.

Omega Seamaster GMT

Oris TT1

SKX173 MkII mod

Fortis B-42
Jeff...that modded seiko is awesome.....a really cool mod........one of the best ive seen in a long long time

·
Registered
547 Posts
mrteatime said:
Jeff...that modded seiko is awesome.....a really cool mod........one of the best ive seen in a long long time
Yeah, I kicked myself a few times after letting that one go! :'(

·
Registered
964 Posts
TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
...Awesome watch and just my size....
Now, I'm confused! Do you want to tell me you're just one of those hobbits, or how these modern midgets are called? Or is it a watch with a diameter of 6 feet? :))

Cheers,

Axel ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Non, je ne regrette rien............ well I do in reality, but as everyone is quoting lyrically, I thought I'd join in.

The one that I really regret letting go, was a late 60's Omega SM300, big triangle with baguette hands.

Ironically the guy that I sold it to would have Shawn spitting feathers at the merest mention of his name :mad: ............. and he was Strange Too :)) .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
catflem said:
[size=1.45em]Non, je ne regrette rien............ well I do in reality, but as everyone is quoting lyrically, I thought I'd join in.

[size=1.45em]The one that I really regret letting go, was a late 60's Omega SM300, big triangle with baguette hands.

[size=1.45em]Ironically the guy that I sold it to would have Shawn spitting feathers at the merest mention of his name :mad: ............. and he was Strange Too :)) .
thought i was over that....you've brought it all flooding back :-\ :-\

1 - 11 of 11 Posts