The Watch Site banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no tears goodbye.........well actually there is :) , theres only two that i regret letting go.......

my first modded 6309 7040 that was done by twickersdude...this really was a work of art.....Michael really did a great job on this...it had an all over beading that was flawless.....a NOS movement which ran like a dream.........something came up, and somebody offered me £280 for this......so it went....

second biggest regret is this...

a modded seiko sammy......again, this was another by twickers, and one of the nicest mods ive had....a slightly darker bead on this one, and again it was flawlessly done....michael also did a matching anvil bracelet to match this, and they looked awesome.........

so if i could get these two back....i would be a very happy man.............anyway....any of yours gone, and regretted?

· Banned
2,918 Posts
I have trimmed down my collection considerably in the past month or so, and while I have had no regrets about some of those now departed watches, there are a couple I would not mind getting back.....

Junghans Mega 1000 digital radio controlled
Citizen Signature Collection Grand Complication.

We'll see. But for now I am very satisfied with my newly revamped collection. Higher quality pieces and less emphasis on quantity.

· Premium Member
6,103 Posts
Regrets is something I try really hard not to dwell on. I try to justify it by telling myself that anything I've let go was because I didn't give it proper use or had another identical one to begins with.

Sadly the same doesn't apply to former girlfriends O0 .

· Registered
821 Posts
mrteatime said:
a modded seiko sammy......again, this was another by twickers, and one of the nicest mods ive had....a slightly darker bead on this one, and again it was flawlessly done....

I do like that modded Sammi, especially on the orange strap. Orange is not usually my thing, but that one sings to me!

· AqualandKing & Special Member
18,394 Posts
Yep.i should have never sold my Oris Carlos Coste 1000m Divers.Again i was offered more than i paid for it after 12mths of wearing it.Awesome watch and just my size.
I will get another at some point.(Borrowed pic as im at work)

Attachments

· Registered
547 Posts
Regrets... I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention. Well, that's how the song goes anyway. But I'll mention a few of mine. I miss 'em, but they went in order for me to pursue more expensive or more rare watches, so it's all OK in the end. Would I ever try to replace them? Maybe. There were some good watches cast overboard.

Omega Seamaster GMT

Oris TT1

SKX173 MkII mod

Fortis B-42

Attachments

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TakesALickin said:
Regrets... I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention. Well, that's how the song goes anyway. But I'll mention a few of mine. I miss 'em, but they went in order for me to pursue more expensive or more rare watches, so it's all OK in the end. Would I ever try to replace them? Maybe. There were some good watches cast overboard.

Omega Seamaster GMT

Oris TT1

SKX173 MkII mod

Fortis B-42
Jeff...that modded seiko is awesome.....a really cool mod........one of the best ive seen in a long long time

· Registered
182 Posts
Non, je ne regrette rien............ well I do in reality, but as everyone is quoting lyrically, I thought I'd join in.

The one that I really regret letting go, was a late 60's Omega SM300, big triangle with baguette hands.

Ironically the guy that I sold it to would have Shawn spitting feathers at the merest mention of his name :mad: ............. and he was Strange Too :)) .

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
catflem said:
[size=1.45em]Non, je ne regrette rien............ well I do in reality, but as everyone is quoting lyrically, I thought I'd join in.

[size=1.45em]The one that I really regret letting go, was a late 60's Omega SM300, big triangle with baguette hands.

[size=1.45em]Ironically the guy that I sold it to would have Shawn spitting feathers at the merest mention of his name :mad: ............. and he was Strange Too :)) .
thought i was over that....you've brought it all flooding back :-\ :-\

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.