The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when this one popped up at a decent price I just couldent resist it, I should have but i couldent :)

I have nothing against the 6306 on the contrary I really like them as it is imo a SUPER 6309 but I just could never bring myself to pay the premium required to get one as the near double price needed to pay for the extra jewels, dial text, case back, hacking and Kanji seemed pretty stiff (now i've just written the extra's down it doesent sound so bad :) ).

So sellers pictures and the watch is winging it's way to my shipping agent (thanks) looking forward to its eventual arrival.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Great catch John... 6306 is not only a "super" 6309, but it brings the Kanji day wheel , always a cool touch!

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
613 Posts
Nice move John, I got lucky and nabbed a corker the other day too:

It's a December 1978 6306 - 7001. I must Say I'm chuffed with just how good this 6306 looks to me. It seems all original and in pretty fabulous condition for it's age. It even comes on the original strap.
The case is still sharp on the edges and the dial and hands have aged very well.
It's going off for a service soon, but here's some quick snaps taken a couple of hours ago:

(serial number removed)

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
I agree the 6306 is a better 6309, - but I like 'em both.
I've got several 6309's and 2 x 6306-7001 and another on it's way from the USA, It should arrive next week. I just can't stop buying the darn things!

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice move John, I got lucky and nabbed a corker the other day too:

It's a December 1978 6306 - 7001.
I must Say I'm chuffed with just how good this 6306 looks to me. It seems all original and in pretty fabulous condition for it's age. It even comes on the original strap.
The case is still sharp on the edges and the dial and hands have aged very well.
It's going off for a service soon, but here's some quick snaps taken a couple of hours ago:
Thanks Billy, yours looks a beauty :)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Please remind me whats the difference between the 7000 and 7001 ?

(old, senile, loosing hair, putting on weight ..........)
I believe it was where they were intended for sale. I could be wrong and if so I apologize up front but I thought the 7000 was intended for the Asian market and the 7001 was the rest of the world. If someone knows different please chime in. This is my 7000...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Please remind me whats the difference between the 7000 and 7001 ?

(old, senile, loosing hair, putting on weight ..........)

I believe it was were they were intended for sale. I could be wrong and if so I apologize up front but I thought the 7000 was intended for the Asian market and the 7001 was the rest of the world. If someone knows different please chime in...
I'm not sure here either, but I thought all 6306s' were JDM only?!
The only difference between the 7000 and 7001 was year of manufacture. I believe the 7000 was made from 76 - late 78. Then the number changed to 7001 from late 78 to 81. I think they are near enough identical. The only difference I've heard off was that the 7000 had a bigger cut out around the crown.
I'm sure someone who knows for sure will put us right in a bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts