The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this Certina eternamatic today. It's tiny.
It looks a1960s production. It keeps time and it's sooooo tiny.
Sometimes those vintage Swiss timepieces really inspire me into the 'art' that is watchmaking.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
looks like a nice watch for someone...great find

·
Registered
931 Posts
I picked up a nice delicate vintage Hamilton at the swapmeet for $7 . Serviced and cleaned it ....it came out beautiful and felt good when I surprised my Aunt with it .
Also my Mom has a Bulova that my Dad gave her years ago . I found a crystal replacement , [ that was the hardest part ] , replaced a missing stone , serviced and cleaned it , and she can wear it once again .

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I have one that is a .... " Key Chain ", and man it is small but I tired it and did it too.
So tiny yet it came out good.
It is the challenge again that is all. Some times one just have to save them.

Just last week I was given this Seiko, and I did it also and it is going just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
wow Long Bike that is a beauty...great work..

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eterna I was unaware it was a separate company. I'd never heard of them before but it was a pretty cool find and unraveled another piece for me in the vintage watch timeline.

·
Registered
359 Posts
that is really cool. it's gotta be a nightmare to service....without a binocular microscope.
i really love the old stuff. and they are SO worth saving.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re-reading this post reminded me, I picked up a Rotary auto in March that is quite small, It even has a date function with immediate change at midnight.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's something magic about tiny Swiss autos.
I'd love to come across an omega like this as they have such nicely dressed movements.
Feel free to post up movement photos when you can and if you want.
Cam

·
Registered
931 Posts
I worked on 2 of these Seiko Ladies 2706 - 7090 Hi-Beat watches for a friend...Besides being small , there's a kazillion parts in there...not your normal Seiko movement . Even the tech sheet is 11 pages thick .

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

·
Registered
225 Posts
I got this one in a batch of watches, only 15mm across the back of the case, don't think I have tools small enough to tackle this one, or eyesight good enough.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts