The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took a chance on the bay. keeps great time (surprising!!) i really like the looks of the dial.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I love it! I wonder - is it an aftermarket dial? Or a redial? Looks very sharp regardless...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am thinking that it may be original as the lume on the numbers is pretty much gone. only glows for less than an hour. the hands are after market...
TakesALickin said:
I love it! I wonder - is it an aftermarket dial? Or a redial? Looks very sharp regardless...

·
Registered
547 Posts
cnycoburn said:
i am thinking that it may be original as the lume on the numbers is pretty much gone. only glows for less than an hour. the hands are after market...
Did Seiko ever make a California dial? I've never seen one before. But then, I learn new stuff all the time. ;D I'll defer to the judgment of the experts here.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me clarify.....this dial is old as the lume is gone. i doubt that it is the original. i believe it is/was a modified dial.
TakesALickin said:
Did Seiko ever make a California dial? I've never seen one before. But then, I learn new stuff all the time. ;D I'll defer to the judgment of the experts here.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I'm not trying to rag on your new watch Cindy, so please don't read the following as such. All that matter sis that you like it and enjoy the watch. That said, your watch is frankenseiko. The dial, hands and bezel insert are all aftermarket (and the insert and hands are also wrong). Seiko never made a 6309 diver like this.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i know. the description said all of that...it is just an older mod.. i do like it tho..

Isthmus said:
I'm not trying to rag on your new watch Cindy, so please don't read the following as such. All that matter sis that you like it and enjoy the watch. That said, your watch is frankenseiko. The dial, hands and bezel insert are all aftermarket (and the insert and hands are also wrong). Seiko never made a 6309 diver like this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts