The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Special Member
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I pulled out all my extra Boxes and Stuff to try to find a correct box for an incoming watch. I could not find the box I was looking for :( but I did find a 6139 Thong Sia manual/guarantee booklet from 1970 that I completely forgot I had. A short while ago this manual was just Worthless Junk and not very important but things change quickly in the Wonderful World of Seikos :)

I have no idea where all this Stuff comes from

·
Special Member
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
it is so easy to collect/hoard :)
All this stuff was buried deep in a storage cabinet I have not opened for many years. All the Boxes that belong with Identifed watches (small tags in the box) are stored in another cabinet. It is kind of fun to go through the boxes to try to remember the watch. Stuff comes and goes :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Wow, this is very impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Don't even Temp me............lol

Nice collection Kyle!

·
Special Member
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Don't even Temp me............lol
As if I don't have enough stuff already I have a Very Rare Seiko Box incoming :)

This Box is especially interesting. It is currently in Bangkok customs but should be delivered here soon. The Box is JDM and I believe it was most likely used by Seiko for watches delivered to Seiko watch dealers in Japan. I'm not exactly sure what it was used for? I have only seen 1 other. Should be here soon! More stuff to add to the pile.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I restore and repair watches, and the crap, I mean 'spares', do accumulate rather quickly. I've got quite the number of small stacks of boxes, cases, bracelets, movements, etc., scattered all over the floor of my condo here on Maui. But that's OK, I'm going to dig a small basement for additional storage.

The people downstairs are going to be PISSED............

·
Premium Member
10,218 Posts
a nice bunch of loot there. So much of that stuff was tossed that it's actually hard to find today. (y)

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Boxes for 'cheaper' watches - sadly including Seikos were just thrown away.

When I did my apprenticeship it was in a retail watch / clock shop too and sometimes when we sold a watch (which wasn't often) the people would say we could keep the box (which we often threw out).

·
Special Member
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The incoming Seiko Box is Out for Delivery and should be here Today :)

Another pile of Stuff I recently picked up. Here in Thailand where I live there are a number of Junk Shops selling second hand goods from Japan. I believe they import this stuff by the container. Mostly just crap but I always find some interesting stuff on every trip. Over the years I've found some good pottery and smalls.

All of this stuff costs 750 baht or around $25. The Japan Gift boxes I use to ship Expensive Watches to VIP customers. Nice wood (paulowina?) and some are very well constructed with box joints. I usually just quickly sand them down to remove any labels or writing. The John Player Special black plastic container I just had to buy for my 6138 JPS - perhaps to use in a photo one day. Moon wall hanging, small woven lamp, bronze vase, and My Favorite Find on this trip - the handcarved and painted Small Wooden Sea Dragon :)

Just More Stuff I don't Need!

According to Japanese Mythology the Sea Dragon God Ryūjin has the power to dispel Evil Spirits and is credited with creating the Great Tsunami Wave and Kamikaze (Divine Wind) that sunk the Mongolian Armada of over 8,000 warships with an invasion force of 140,000 men sent by Kublai Khan to invade Japan in the 13th Century.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The incoming Seiko Box is Out for Delivery and should be here Today :)

Another pile of Stuff I recently picked up. Here in Thailand where I live there are a number of Junk Shops selling second hand goods from Japan. I believe they import this stuff by the container. Mostly just crap but I always find some interesting stuff on every trip. Over the years I've found some good pottery and smalls.

All of this stuff costs 750 baht or around $25. The Japan Gift boxes I use to ship Expensive Watches to VIP customers. Nice wood (paulowina?) and some are very well constructed with box joints. I usually just quickly sand them down to remove any labels or writing. The John Player Special black plastic container I just had to buy for my 6138 JPS - perhaps to use in a photo one day. Sun and Moon wall hanging, small woven lamp, bronze vase, and My Favorite Find on this trip - the handcarved and painted Small Wooden Sea Dragon :)

Just More Stuff I don't Need!

According to Japanese Mythology the Sea Dragon God Ryūjin has the power to dispel Evil Spirits and is credited with creating the Great Tsunami Wave and Kamikaze (Divine Wind) that sunk the Mongolian Armada of over 8,000 warships with an invasion force of 140,000 men sent by Kublai Khan to invade Japan in the 13th Century.

For sure each visit is filled with excitement, and each find never fails to bring a smile to your heart...

·
Special Member
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Moons and Dragons

ꈍᴗꈍ)っ'・:.。☆'. ;.。゚

Led Zeppelin and Seiko Watches - The Very Best of the 1970's :)

Jimmy Page Moon Pants 1971

Jimmy Page Dragon Suit 1976

Jimmy Page Heartbreaker Solo wearing the Dragon Suit

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I’m getting off topic, but this is some of what we brought back from Thailand, the raw silk for these. We visited when we were doing our missions hospital work in Kampot Cambodia. My wife bought a bunch of silk and had it shipped back to the US. Lots of cool stuff there, including orange sapphires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I’m getting off topic, but this is some of what we brought back from Thailand, the raw silk for these. We visited when we were doing our missions hospital work in Kampot Cambodia. My wife bought a bunch of silk and had it shipped back to the US. Lots of cool stuff there, including orange sapphires.
As you know I love going Off Topic. I believe we share a love of Cambodia and the People :) Extremely Friendly and Easy Going , Great Food (Khymer Coconut Pumpkin Curry is unbelievable), and Exotic Ancient Architecture.

Your wife sounds like a Very Smart Woman. Cambodian and Thai hand woven silk is gorgeous and the curtains turned out Beautiful. I am a Huge Fan of Cambodian Kromas (scarves). I wear one when I travel on a plane and use as a scarf, pillow, and wrap around my eyes for light blockout. Also Very useful on a motobike while traveling around Cambodia (either very dusty or muddy depending on the season). I would drench a Kroma in ice water and wear it under my shirt while on the bike - acted like Air Conditioning. Most Kromas are made of cotton but some of the better quality Kromas are amazing and woven of fine silk and beautiful color combinations. I have a drawer full of Cambodian Kromas.

·
Special Member
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Getting back on track the Rare Seiko Box arrived today (Thank you Big V) :) Extremely well packed with lots of foam fill. I will take photos tomorrow and post. It will be interesting to see what you 6139 owners think of this Box???

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Patiently waiting.................:)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts