The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the last year, I've added 6 Seikos to my collection. I'm active on other forums and media, but haven't ever joined in on the conversation here.

My Seikos now include a SARB015, proof/proof 6139-6000, 6139-6002, 6138-0049, King Seiko 5625-7111, and recently 4006-6037 Bellmatic as a project watch.

Looking forward to participating around here a bit more.

SARB015

6139-6002

Proof/Proof 6139-6000

6138-0049

King Seiko 5625-7111

And the Bellmatic 4006-6037

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
welcome to the forum....excellent watches...great finds...we are glad to have you with us

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Your a man of taste that's for sure, the Belle looks nice :)

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for the excellent pictures. You've got a good selection that shows Seiko's variety in design. I like the cork-looking leather strap on your KS- got any more pictures (and a source) of that strap?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
It can become a tad addictive this Seiko malarkey. One watch for 45 years of my life and the pow this Jan I met my first Seiko and I now have 28 and it's rising nearly daily!

Good luck!!!!!

You were saying young diesel dude?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

welcome to the forum....excellent watches...great finds...we are glad to have you with us
Thank you kindly!

Your a man of taste that's for sure, the Belle looks nice :)

Thanks! I took a bit of a risk on it, but got it cheap. I've been looking for a project watch, so why not, right?

Looks like you've joined the coloured world of Seiko, welcome. :93:

Thank you!

Been drawn to those 6139s, always nervous about getting one. Where's the strap for the 6002 from, interesting style! Very nice watches indeed!!

Regards, David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The strap is from an etsy shop called woodnsteel. I've bought a number of items from him and he does fantastic work. Crown & Buckle carries a couple of his straps, but his etsy store has a lot more and he'll do custom work, too. Great guy to work with.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/woodnsteel

Welcome, and thanks for the excellent pictures. You've got a good selection that shows Seiko's variety in design. I like the cork-looking leather strap on your KS- got any more pictures (and a source) of that strap?

The cork nato is from Detroit Strap Co. I love cork straps and couldn't pass up a cork nato. He does custom work as well.

The only other photo I have at the moment is one with my Radio Room.

http://detroitstrapco.com

He's just getting started with straps so they can be a little rough around the edges, but
if you mention my username when you order, Jim will give you 10% off.

It can become a tad addictive this Seiko malarkey. One watch for 45 years of my life and the pow this Jan I met my first Seiko and I now have 28 and it's rising nearly daily!

Good luck!!!!!

You were saying young diesel dude?

Any of those blue 6139s from 1978?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes the blue dial on the far right is a 78 model and in mint condition. Why do you need one to compare with?

I've just uploaded these photos of the 1978 Pogue for you which were taken by the chap I brought the watch from via a rather over used online auction website:

http://s30.photobucket.com/user/Tony_Goodman/library/Watches/6139-6005 - Mint 1978
Thanks! It's in quite beautiful condition.
I've been looking for a 78 for myself, missed out on one on that auction website, possibly this one, in fact.

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
Thanks for the info on the cork straps- can't believe I was outside the loop on such a novel material!

·
Registered
152 Posts

Good luck!!!!!

The blue 6139 second from left is off interest to me, it looks to have somewhat orange second hands. I have one from 1971 with orange handsand have never seen another. When was that one made? ( Tom's got it to sort out some timing issues at the moment ) Andrew:)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Thanks! It's in quite beautiful condition.
I've been looking for a 78 for myself, missed out on one on that auction website, possibly this one, in fact.
Thank you! More than likely same watch! I'm a freak on mint things of mechanical sorts. I paid a heavy price for that little baby from the states. There was a NOS one in Mexico with box, tags & paperwork that made a small fortune I would rather have had but a rich guy I am not so I had to let that one pass. Think one of the other blue ones is a 78 and Thickman808 has them now to sell. I only kept one resist, the 78 and the T dial 69 proof which I fitted a Stelux strap too yesterday :cool:

The blue 6139 second from left is off interest to me, it looks to have somewhat orange second hands. I have one from 1971 with orange handsand have never seen another. When was that one made? ( Tom's got it to sort out some timing issues at the moment ) Andrew:)
It's more than likely a paint batch or possibly fading but your hands do not look faded. That watch is now with Tom for him to sell. As I said above he's got four of those now.

Here is another one I brought which I love! and I've just managed to get a NOS inner bezel to replace the sun faded one :cool:

And this is my June 1969 watch in the photos with it's stelux strap

·
Registered
912 Posts
Andy, you're right that is interesting with the orange hands, I hadn't spotted that! If I've got them both I'll do a little compare, but from the pic they do look be the square cut orange speedtimer versions.

Tone, maybe I should take some pics and put them up so if anyone is interested they can let me know and I can focus on that.....

I might have a 78 to sell, I'll check.

·
Registered
912 Posts
In the last year, I've added 6 Seikos to my collection. I'm active on other forums and media, but haven't ever joined in on the conversation here.

My Seikos now include a SARB015, proof/proof 6139-6000, 6139-6002, 6138-0049, King Seiko 5625-7111, and recently 4006-6037 Bellmatic as a project watch.

Looking forward to participating around here a bit more.

SARB015

6139-6002

Proof/Proof 6139-6000

6138-0049

King Seiko 5625-7111

And the Bellmatic 4006-6037
Welcome! And what a great selection of watches you have! I look forward to swing your collection grow...(you know it's going to grow right? You can't stop now!)
One of those has a couple if am parts in there but that shouldn't stop you enjoying the heck out of it! Very nice.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Up to you Tom but don't let them stop you fixing other jobs first. There were some nice Pogues amoungst those watches I sent you. One just needs packing up and sending so folk better put their names down el quicko.... don't hassle Tom though folks or else you'll have 6ft 4" of angry cockney knocking on your doors!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts