The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...bring out a new line with a clear philosophy or design behind it?
Like the SUS line or the Moving Design Collection they used to have.
I have one automatic of each and do like the fact that there is some thought behind it and also that they are a bit different than the 'usual' Seikos.
Don't get me wrong, I love my BFS, Samurai and other Seikos but still would like to see something a bit different again.
How about you?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Completely agree with you on SUS & Moving Design collection...... Some early SARB models were a blow out too !!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
am into vintage only so totally ignorant about the models / series you mention, but I have a feeling (or I read somewhere perhaps) that after nearly killing the Swiss watch industry in the 80s Seiko is pretty frustrated at losing the game on the big return of high-end mechanical watches... and are thus trying to reposition themselves as a real high-end brand, with expensive Grand Seikos and other stuff such as their newer movements (e.g. Spring Drive). Meanwhile everybody in Switzerland seems to rush into "non-metallic" parts and movements --using carbon, ceramic, silicon, etc.
=> real progress or just marketing tricks? I'd love to hear from experts...........Philip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts