The Watch Site banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a while. I’ve recently fallen in love with vintage Seikos, especially the Pogue.

I’ve been looking for one with some decent wear and original dial, hands bezel etc. The amount of information needed to make an educated purchase is overwhelming. I’m learning but there is so mush I still don’t know. Based on the collective wisdom here, is this original?

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Craftsman
2,032 Posts
If you are able, please provide a shot of the case back and also move the hands to 10 and 2 so folks can get a better look at the dial and sub dial hand. If you can shoot the watch from the side showing the crown and pushers, that is helpful also. Everything looks pretty good thus far based on the one picture.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you Vette! I don’t have the watch but I’ll try to get more pics. Meanwhile, here are a few additional pics. Hopefully they’re helpful! Also worth mentioning is that the chrono hand doesn’t reset exactly to 12. It’s just a bit off and resets to 12:01.
Gas Artifact Nickel Currency Circle
Finger Automotive tire Household hardware Thumb Material property
Automotive lighting Auto part Gas Rim Bicycle part

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is there anything that makes you think that's not authentic?
Is this a watch that's copied often? I don't think I've ever read about copies of this one...
Definitely an interesting thought

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there anything that makes you think that's not authentic?
Is this a watch that's copied often? I don't think I've ever read about copies of this one...
Definitely an interesting thought
Thanks Cay. Honestly, I don’t have any idea one way or the other. I’ve done as much research as I can to learn how to tell an original from a non original, but sometime I still have trouble with it. I’ve heard a lot of people get taken by some of the better copies.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks Cay. Honestly, I don’t have any idea one way or the other. I’ve done as much research as I can to learn how to tell an original from a non original, but sometime I still have trouble with it. I’ve heard a lot of people get taken by some of the better copies.
I guess I've heard of them that have been made up with aftermarket parts. I just haven't seen many of these that have been faked like Rolex or omegas or something. But I guess aftermarket parts would be nice in the same ballpark. Not that I know much about The pogues specifically but I mean it looks vintage enough in my opinion. Good luck with it man

·
Registered
39 Posts
I thought there was only ever one Pogue and that went into space on the wrist of Colonel Pogue, so technically unless this is the actual watch owned by Colonel Pogue it is a Fake Pogue, same goes for the other one the Willard.

It's just a standard 6139-6005 and one in very poor condition, hope you are not paying too much for it ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank guys. I don’t mind the condition so much. I actually like the wear on the bezel. I can always get it restored.

It's just a standard 6139-6005 and one in very poor condition, hope you are not paying too much for it ;)
Thanks for the advice. What’s too much for something like this watch in this condition?

·
Special Member
8,002 Posts
I'll go ahead and jump in here, personally, I think you should wait for one with a much better dial. Even though this one is original, it just doesn't do it for me. It looks old and used and needs to be relumed, after which I don't think it would be very impressive anyway.

My take: keep looking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll go ahead and jump in here, personally, I think you should wait for one with a much better dial. Even though this one is original, it just doesn't do it for me. It looks old and used and needs to be relumed, after which I don't think it would be very impressive anyway.

My take: keep looking.
I think you have a point. Maybe it’s best to keep looking however I still have a hard time picking up all the tells of an aftermarket dial

1 - 12 of 12 Posts