The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Special Member
5,024 Posts
It's been hit and miss, the USPS needs some serious revamping. It hasn't been too bad for me with little delays of a day, maybe 2. The past week we had ice storms as far down as the Gulf of Mexico which crippled roads and electric service so there are some major delays as things are being rerouted around. ATM I have a 5126 case that seems to have stalled in Mississippi where it normally would have not gone to, it would have gone to Nashville, then me. DHL won't even deliver it all the way to me which is disappointing. DHL drops it at USPS in Nashville to complete the delivery which delays it 2-3 days. This is another major issue and a money pit for our postal service as the fees do not come near enough to cover the cost. Due to the Corona issue the USPS is also missing tens of thousands of employees at any given time due to any type of illness. Even the common cold has them in quarantine for 3-4 days to 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
It’s been hit or miss with me too but overall much better than two months ago. I live in a ruralish bedroom community in South New Jersey, but there is a lot of distribution centers all around me between Philly, Delaware, and the North Jersey usuals. We can get same day Amazon deliveries sometimes - it’s crazy. So my two-day packages are sometimes two day again, instead of two-weeks.

I just got all three of these in today, a set of gears from Bry, hands from Stefan, and a parts watch from the Ukraine. Both the UK packages got here in less than a week and the Ukraine one in 11 days, all standard mail. Not bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zeke441

·
Special Member
5,024 Posts
It’s been hit or miss with me too but overall much better than two months ago. I live in a ruralish bedroom community in South New Jersey, but there is a lot of distribution centers all around me between Philly, Delaware, and the North Jersey usuals. We can get same day Amazon deliveries sometimes - it’s crazy. So my two-day packages are sometimes two day again, instead of two-weeks.

I just got all three of these in today, a set of gears from Bry, hands from Stefan, and a parts watch from the Ukraine. Both the UK packages got here in less than a week and the Ukraine one in 11 days, all standard mail. Not bad!

Coming from Cali or the Northeast is the worst for me. Cali takes 2-3 days just to leave that state and if it has to go through New Jersey from the Northeast it gets stalled there for a couple days, it's always been like that for me in TN. Now coming from WA it's usually incredibly fast, usually 2 days. I think Nashville is a direct hub from there to the mid states and east.

·
Special Member
12,724 Posts
Coming from Cali or the Northeast is the worst for me. Cali takes 2-3 days just to leave that state and if it has to go through New Jersey from the Northeast it gets stalled there for a couple days, it's always been like that for me in TN. Now coming from WA it's usually incredibly fast, usually 2 days. I think Nashville is a direct hub from there to the mid states and east.
Jerry to me (TN to WA) and reverse: 2-days. Always. It's like we have our own private delivery service. Thanks Jerry - got the envelope today!

Reactions: zeke441

·
Special Member
5,024 Posts
Jerry to me (TN to WA) and reverse: 2-days. Always. It's like we have our own private delivery service. Thanks Jerry - got the envelope today!
That's great Mike. Due to the storms and ice it wasn't picked up until Thursday.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Yes, I believe FedEx has a big hub out of Memphis.

·
Special Member
5,024 Posts
Yes, I believe FedEx has a big hub out of Memphis.

I was referring to USPS. I never get packages from FedEx, DHL now and then but they turn them over to USPS in Nashville and don’t complete the delivery to Cookeville.

·
Special Member
12,724 Posts
FedEx = Memphis
UPS = Louisville

Reactions: CombatID

·
Special Member
3,235 Posts
I have been advising buyers to expect shipping from Thailand to US to take about 2 weeks which has turned out to be a fairly decent estimate. My last 3 International Shipments have all followed a very similar pattern. 1 day after acceptance in Thailand it's on the plane, shipment appears to sit for about 7 - 10 days awaiting inbound US customs (sometimes longer), once processed and into the USPS system very fast delivery in about 3 days. Tracking on my lastest shipment:

February 22, 2021, 9:58 am
Available for Pickup
SWARTSWOOD, NJ 07877
Your item arrived at the SWARTSWOOD, NJ 07877 post office at 9:58 am on February 22, 2021 and is ready for pickup.
February 22, 2021, 9:57 am
Available for Pickup
SWARTSWOOD, NJ 07877
February 22, 2021, 9:57 am
Arrived at Post Office
NEWTON, NJ 07860
February 22, 2021, 2:16 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
TETERBORO NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER
February 21, 2021, 3:28 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
February 11, 2021, 1:33 pm
SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE (SMC), THAILAND
February 11, 2021, 11:24 am
SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE (SMC), THAILAND
February 10, 2021, 2:18 pm
Acceptance
THAILAND

·
Administrator
32,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Exciting times :)

2021-02-21
18:04:00

Departed, Your item departed a transfer airport in LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on February 21, 2021 at 6:04 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination., UNITED KINGDOM,LONDON

2021-02-18
15:05:00

Departed, LOS ANGELES,UNITED STATES

·
Special Member
4,523 Posts
Japan is no different, even worse due to the fact they have a list of 128 countries wherein they rate them for delivery or not. The USA is not. Back in Dec/2020 I wanted to ship a Xmas box to Vancouver Canada and was told they no longer use their usual EMS service. Due to the Covid situation, Japan Post could not track parcels to USA and Canada so they stopped all airmail there. I had to choose land/ship with no insurance nor tracking on myXmas gift. It still has not gotten to Vancouver! I was told maybe up to 3 months!
So, sadly I no longer sell used watches to the USA. On the other hand, I sold my Marine Master to Singapore and a Omega X33 to Hong Kong within 5 days each! Those countries were not on the covid list. Back in Dec. I luckily sold a Squale kit to a fellow in west Hollywood Calif. and got it after 6 days!! We both sighed with relief!

Seiya San company on his website mentions this no EMS to the USA but that Fedex and the german airline are better since they have their own carriers.....but more expensive.

·
Special Member
3,334 Posts
On a simpler note. I received a Christmas card post marked 14 December 2020 on 10 Feb 2021. A trip that normally takes 2 days. The USPS has major problems notwithstanding weather or any thing else.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sorry for the delay and hopefully it’s close now. I knew there had been delays last year, but thought they had worked most of them out.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have to say that this week things have been running ahead of schedule for me - I'm also just dealing with Pennsylvania to / from New Hampshire/Connecticut/Maryland. One originally had a Friday estimate and arrived yesterday via First Class, one showed up a day early via Priority, etc. It's a big improvement over the fall, when I had some plant specimens take a over a week to make the 6 hour journey from SW PA to Central NY.

I don't think it hurts that we are right beside a relatively significant post office and not far from one of the main distribution centers. I know my parents and parents-in-law, who live in more rural areas have had a lot more trouble.

At least my mail-in ballot made it in plenty of time!

·
Registered
243 Posts
The USPS is really sheet here (n)👇🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🔄
I have been awaiting a USPS delivery to the UK, it's finally arrived in the country (in customs) today and has taken 21 days. Contrast this with a package from Japan that has taken five days to get to customs - that's a heck of a difference.

I'm not making any broad brush statements about nations and efficiency, but I was very impressed a the speed of the delivery from Japan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The USPS is really sheet here (n)👇🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🔄
I must have had the postal gods on my side (at least for the last 2 purchases) one from Springfield, MA and the other from Seattle, WA both into Brisbane, Australia in about 15 Days, which is not too bad. Just “standard” USPS International Parcel

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Japan is no different, even worse due to the fact they have a list of 128 countries wherein they rate them for delivery or not. The USA is not. Back in Dec/2020 I wanted to ship a Xmas box to Vancouver Canada and was told they no longer use their usual EMS service. Due to the Covid situation, Japan Post could not track parcels to USA and Canada so they stopped all airmail there. I had to choose land/ship with no insurance nor tracking on myXmas gift. It still has not gotten to Vancouver! I was told maybe up to 3 months!
So, sadly I no longer sell used watches to the USA. On the other hand, I sold my Marine Master to Singapore and a Omega X33 to Hong Kong within 5 days each! Those countries were not on the covid list. Back in Dec. I luckily sold a Squale kit to a fellow in west Hollywood Calif. and got it after 6 days!! We both sighed with relief!

Seiya San company on his website mentions this no EMS to the USA but that Fedex and the german airline are better since they have their own carriers.....but more expensive.
Yep, Finally bit the bullet and paid customs fees using Kuronekoyamato where it transferred to UPS once it hit the states. The 3 watches had been in Japan since last April, waiting for Japan post to open EMS shipments Figured it wasn't going to get any better. Plus, they weren't doing me much good there.Took 4 days from Japan to Washington State. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hello, after a short break, I hope everyone is in good health !!

Gentlemen, a colleague from NY encountered this situation:
The package with the watch was sent to DHL, it landed in the USA, I get an e-mail that I have to pay the duty, which I did. This morning I get an e-mail that the package has been delivered ... but I have nothing. So I look at what's going on - a package delivered somewhere on the other side of the US, in Dallas, and not to me, but to some special company dealing with the valuation and authentication of jewelry and watches. After another four hours, I get another email that the authenticity of my watch has been confirmed and that the courier will deliver the day after tomorrow. Well, I am really shocked, I have never heard courier companies check whether fakes are imported "
What is this company and what is this "rating"?
Anyone know something? I will be grateful for the information ..

21 - 40 of 45 Posts