The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of photos for you to appraise guys, pallet fork off my 6105B, is it correct? I think the left hand fork is over too far. The balance does seem to over bank itself after a few minutes of running (well it has a couple of times so far)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's bloody amazing how dirty that is, it's just a scrap bit anyway so no problems there, I'll put a side view up later on ok

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just reinstalled it and wound the main spring barrel with a screw driver, no auto wind fitted just yet, after approx five turns the balance started on its own, as I have no stem either at the moment I had to set the time by refitting the hands, I'm going to see if it runs now and if it can stay in time with my iphone over night on a full wind, fingers crossed it runs all night

·
Researcher
5,028 Posts
Considering the ubiquity of 6105/6 movements - I'd bin it and put a known good pallet fork in.
It's not good practice to build problems in.
Like ivorbiggin has already said, it looks wrong and I'd say it looks like somebody has used tools designed for a Massey-Ferguson on it.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Not A Pro, But I,

would not tolerate that into the watch. Better to get a better one.
It will effect it eventually.
But that was a wise thing to ask about it to be sure, that's a good
......... Value to have ....... " Transporter ".

Question's get some answers.
It just does not look right.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
The Second Picture

Couple of photos for you to appraise guys, pallet fork off my 6105B, is it correct? I think the left hand fork is over too far. The balance does seem to over bank itself after a few minutes of running (well it has a couple of times so far)

Do you see those two (Single Marks ), that's from (Clamping It ) in something then
bending the upper arm ( Tang ) to fit what it was going into to get it to contact the wheel used for it.
Lower one has been bent up a (slight) little to contact the wheel.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Considering the ubiquity of 6105/6 movements - I'd bin it and put a known good pallet fork in.
It's not good practice to build problems in.
Like ivorbiggin has already said, it looks wrong and I'd say it looks like somebody has used tools designed for a Massey-Ferguson on it.
I'd say don't bother to ...... bin it....... throw it away.
Just not worth keeping it and make a mistake using it later.:41:
JM2cents

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers guys, all comments gratefully recieved, I dropped it in last night and it ran for 8 hours so not bad but..... This morning I opened it up and the balance had over banked again, so fingers crossed the spare one I have from a 6309 will drop in and take its place ( they share the same part number )
I did notice the two marks on it aswell and was coming to the same conclusion that it had been clamped at some time in its life.
Well I shall clean and swap the parts this afternoon and see how it goes and let you know later guys, again thanks for all the input.
I'm wondering about the minute marks or lack of on the dial now, it's bothering me!!!

·
Researcher
5,028 Posts
I'd say don't bother to ...... bin it....... throw it away.
Just not worth keeping it and make a mistake using it later.:41:
JM2cents
"bin it" = throw it into the "dust bin" ( AKA trash can in Americanese)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok guys it's swapped out and she's ticking away, for how long I don't know, but I've put it on the tickoprint app and haven't a clue as to what I'm looking at, apart from the bph and - figure. As for the dotted lines has anyone any idea as to what any of it means, nowhere on the net is there instructions for the tickoprint app

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh well back to the drawing board, spare pallet fork installed and it ran for just over half an hour then stopped, bugger it. Not touching it anymore today as I started my other project and..............wait for it...............snapped a pivot off the bloody pallet fork on that movement. I've stepped away from the bench tonight and will return tommorow, wife permitting

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers for the tickoprint info link, not a clue where you found that I've been looking for bloody ages haha, anyway how should the dotted line look like?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Cheers for the tickoprint info link, not a clue where you found that I've been looking for bloody ages haha, anyway how should the dotted line look like?

It should be straight with no exteraneous 'pips' just two clean dotted lines:)

Having typed that the occasional extra or weird pip doesn't matter unless one is overly petty about such things:undecided:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When you say two straight lines, are my two lines going from top to bottom ok or should they run left to right straight across the screen?
Also what does it mean when you have a break in the dots or a few go out of line or break up completly?
At the moment in just leaning the movement up against the built in microphone on my tablet so there is quite abit of background noise that might be interfering with the trace that you can see on my last post, loads of questions I know but I'm pretty interested in being able to read the results and act on them accordingly, cheers again

1 - 20 of 22 Posts