From what I see in just one pic shown
It looks to be original and untouched
The only thing that looks to be changed is the leather strap shown
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
1,364 Posts
The crown not only appears to be aftermarket, but it should also be the big spline crown from what I've seen in the past.

It is possible that there were 6306 versions that had the spline count similar to the one shown in your photo, or had a replacement crown installed during some sort of service, but that one shown, it looks a bit squared off.. not as soft edged as others that I have seen in the past...see how the splines go all the way out to the end of the crown? They should stop just short of the end..with a slight rounding before the crown top.

Otherwise, it could be a decent example.

Best,

Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I have asked the seller about the crown. I will let you know but I guess he will say he doesn’t know the service history of the watch

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's entirely possible the crown has been replaced during its life. Big spline crown might be nice, but a later (genuine) crown wouldn't stop me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not used to the practices in a Seiko movement service. I am a Rolex collector and replacing the crown in a service is something that they always offer.

Thank you very much for your comments!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts