The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up about 5 years ago thinking I would one day fix it up to wear.
I found it again in my garage buried for years in a box with several other Seiko's I forgot I had. So I have a couple of questions for the experts. First of all the seller at the time told me the dial, bezel and hands were original. is there any way to tell? I know servicing a chrono is expensive and I am not sure if I am going to bother if it is not original. I appreciate any help!

Here is a close up of the dial:

click here for the original 18mp pic.

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
I'd say the dial and hands look original. The case, however has been polished where it should have a brushed finish.

·
Special Member
5,180 Posts
I'm no expert, but I like this model and recently added a second one I got from Stefan (picture). Yours looks great, if you want it to have a brushed finish plenty of options with guys here on the forum who can help you there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
a great ufo shape... dial , hands are original. I'm not sure with the insert bezel. The case perhaps already did a professional polished

·
Registered
514 Posts
Even with the over-polish it looks great (and the work was well done). Nice watch, you should wear it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've had three of those. Still have one. Yours looks all original. It isn't that difficult to put a brushed finish back on the watch. Or you can have it beadblasted, which is what I did to one of mine. I don't know who services Seiko chronographs anymore. Perhaps someone here on the forum has had good experience with someone they can refer you to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts