The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I just won this 395,which was advertised as "Original SEIKO except a Leather Band & a Buckle", but I have my doubts.

Here are some pics:

I am doubting it's originality. From pics I have seen on the web (at Seikoholics), I dont think the crystal should have a cyclops, or have as pronounced a dome as this. I also think the crown should be signed (with SW).

Actually, I'm not even convinced the caseback is original. The pics I have seen show a dolphin on the back (the seller doesn't even show the back), and inside the back has some sort of weird little pattern where this one says 321.

Do any of you know much about these?

It's a real shame, as I've wanted a 395 for a while, but I'm not paying for a Franken.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Hi, yes i agree, the dial is kinda 8) . Its like some sort of mother of pearl look or is it the lighting and reflections.
Looks nice. I couldn't tell you if it was all original or not. But if you won this one at a good price, then you could just enjoy the shear beauty it already is. ;)
But I'm sure somebody with more knowledge will shed some info to this one I'm sure. Any minute now.
Nice find, I'd gladly wear that one for sure, its a stunner dial. :)

Dave.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed, the dial on these is beautiful - one of the reasons I've been looking for one.

Yes, this example has a cyclops. But I don't think it should.

The price was not bad, around US$120 delivered, but really I'd rather spend a little more and get a better one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts