The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still thinking about what i want to do for a living, i feel like it would be very interesting to learn about and work with watches, do you think it would still be worth it to get a trade in horology in this age?

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go ahead and play the Word Association game. It's a thread here on the forum.

Get your 50 posts so you can list your 7006 for sale. This drivel is ruining our forum.

Makes it feel like WUS.
Go ahead and play the Word Association game. It's a thread here on the forum.

Get your 50 posts so you can list your 7006 for sale. This drivel is ruining our forum.

Makes it feel like WUS.
Sorry, how many posts am i allowed to post a day?

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It depends how long the fence is ;-)
ahaha so theres no limit, technically im not doing anything wrong, it just looks bad. Okay good to know, too bad i had to find out the hard way but i guess people are just mean online cause they know they dont have to face them in person. makes sense now!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
ahaha so theres no limit, technically im not doing anything wrong, it just looks bad. Okay good to know, too bad i had to find out the hard way but i guess people are just mean online cause they know they dont have to face them in person. makes sense now!
What are you writing about? Please explain.

If you mean this;
"This drivel is ruining our forum. Makes it feel like WUS. "
That response was certainly uncalled for and not how most people answer others here.

My answer "No" was me being honest as a watchmaker. It's a terrible trade (not a profession).

My fence thing was supposed to be a joke. You got that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bit of a shame that the OP is doing this to get his posts up, (Didn't know that was a thing) as I clicked on the thread with genuine Interest.
Being a long time collector, but very new to repair/service I have wondered if there is a living to be made in today's throwaway society.
Not planning on jacking in the day job just yet, but working in aviation, might have it jacked in for me before long!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was watching his prolific posting all through yesterday. Shame that he was doing this just so that he could post on this forum. I have found most posts to be very helpful here, and everyone to be very friendly and approachable. I have learnt a lot on this forum, and it is a shame it was (for 24 hours) hijacked by someone with an agenda.

·
Administrator
29,499 Posts
I do try to give new members the benefit of the doubt for a while as we all started somewhere but when it becomes obvious that all is not what it seems then the exit is shown.

I was watching his prolific posting all through yesterday. Shame that he was doing this just so that he could post on this forum. I have found most posts to be very helpful here, and everyone to be very friendly and approachable. I have learnt a lot on this forum, and it is a shame it was (for 24 hours) hijacked by someone with an agenda.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts