The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume it is possible, but then again, assumptions are not good to go on.

I want a 2010 MM300- I know it's nuts, but a 2009 Production date won't do. I emailed my dealer of choice for my last several purchases to ask if 2010 model was available.

2nd question: What if I want a certain month, let's say January 2010. Is this possible? Will I be the first person to make such a request?

Thanks for any and all insight.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
I am guessing that it all depends on his inventory and willingness to grant such requests. With both of my Seiko Anantas, I made the same request..... To get the newest possible serial numbers. The AD was acommodating enough but your experience may vary.

Another thing with the MM300 is that it is a watch that has been in production for a very long time and I suspect NOS stock is prevalent with it giving its high price tag.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you're spot on there Mate. I did hear if the dealer has newer stock I may be in luck to find one from January. Trouble is I won't sell my current one until I source the new one with the date I want. :-[ Sort of like trading in a car. :-[

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Jan-10 said:
I think you're spot on there Mate. I did hear if the dealer has newer stock I may be in luck to find one from January. Trouble is I won't sell my current one until I source the new one with the date I want. :-[ Sort of like trading in a car. :-[

But Jay, if you already have a MM300, why do you want to trade it in for a new one with a more recent build date? Is there a specific change/improvement you going after?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too be honest- I love the one I have, but I'm obsessive/compulsive. It's a 2003 model with a saphire/AR crystal. I have been thinking it would be nice to own one that nobody else ever owned. Quite ridiculous, but such is life I guess. I have my Emperor up for sale right now to free up funds for another investment. Once thats done I plan to post my SSBS018 for 1300 and my MM300 for 1600.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, I just received word that 2009 production is available now. My plan may be on hold. :(

·
Registered
821 Posts
:)) Jay you are a notch higher than normal WIS like me.. :D

some ppl just want a grail like MM300...and you want the latest stock at hand..
can write to Seiko,ask them to reserve or stamped the number 080001 for you.. >:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts