The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this GS that obviously needs a lot of help. I have nothing in it but would like to see if parts are available easily.

Dial is in bad shape with text missing and paint missing, wrong crown that spins loose when trying to advance the hands but fine when winding.

The date counts down instead of advance and caseback medallion is missing.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Researcher
5,271 Posts
How much is a good example worth??
At least when you know that, you can work out a budget, and see if it's viable.

Reactions: wisconsinwalter

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's just a bit too scruffy for me. It's not a watch I would buy.
It was given to me, I wouldn’t buy it either but now that I have it was the question.

So can $500-600 in parts make it more fun to wear? It would fill a hole in my collection.

I have 3 6139’s, a 6138-0011. 6309 and a 6105 so something not in a chrono or diver and is becoming more collectible I thought might be worth the chase.

When these types are given to you I find it hard to just throw in a drawer.

·
Ultimate Collector
3,257 Posts
It was given to me, I wouldn’t buy it either but now that I have it was the question.

So can $500-600 in parts make it more fun to wear? It would fill a hole in my collection.

I have 3 6139’s, a 6138-0011. 6309 and a 6105 so something not in a chrono or diver and is becoming more collectible I thought might be worth the chase.

When these types are given to you I find it hard to just throw in a drawer.

The problem is it's going to need a dial, the case isn't good, and the medallion is missing.
All things considered, I reckon it's a parts donor for a nicer GS with a bad movement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts