The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love watches, I'm crazy about them. Of all kinds, brands, makes and styles. I guide myself of a simple rule: I buy those that I like, regardless of the brand as I said. These are my Invictas. I wear them pretty often, mostly on weekends.

For over 15 years collecting I've made a few mistakes, of course, but buying these Invicta watches was not one of them. With just one exception I have kept every bought Invicta. And I sold that one on eBay for more of than I paid for it....Thruth.

Another rule of mine: I never, EVER, buy fake watches.

I know a lot of collectors despise Invicta watches, but hey! I like mine, I really do. Here are they, please check them out.

P.S I guess I could have placed this post in the Japanese watch forum, because except two, all have Miyota movements. But decided this sub-forum would be more appropiate.

Invicta Grand Diver Automatic 3045. This one's HUGE
Model year: 2011
Movement: Miyota
Crystal: mineral
Case diameter: 52 mm
Weight: 450 grams
Water pressure resistant: 1000 feet - 300 M

Invicta Signature Corduba Diverlock Automatic 7229
Crystal: Mineral
Case diameter: 47 mm
Weight: 455 grams
Water pressure resistant: 200 M

Invicta Diver Automatic 8926 (Rolex Submariner look-a-like)
Crystal: Mineral
Case diameter: 40 mm
Weight: 422 grams
Water pressure resistant: 660 ft - 200 M

Invicta Tritnite 1107
Movement: Swiss quartz (?)
Crystal: Flame fusion
Case diameter: 48 mm
Weight: 125 grs
Water pressure resistant: 100 meters - 330 ft

Invicta Pro Diver Master of the Oceans Cronograph 1103
Movement: Swiss quartz (?)
Crystal: Flame fusion
Case diameter: 49 mm
Weight: 125 grs
Water pressure resistant: 100 m

(Not a pic of mine. Will replace later on)

Well, these are my Invictas so far. Do you have any? Any Russian Diver? Any terrible mistake? Come on, be brave and show it! 馃槂

Registered
well when i did not anything about watches i bought a few fossil watches...they were horrible...never kept time and one i had it replaced three times..i gave up on them and they sat in a drawer till i got into seiko's..i put them on ebay and to my surprise...they sold for quite a bit...i have never seen the invicta in person..i am told some are great and some are terrible...what you have looks good..

Registered
Certainly "whatever floats your boat" -- you buy them (Invictas), you wear them, you enjoy them. For me I've never met an Invicta watch that "quickened my pulse". Like Android watches, most or all are too big for my wrist.

No Russian divers, no Invictas of course, and (knock on wood) no "terrible mistakes" yet.

Registered
I've had a few but sold them all. The ones I had were the Swiss made and I found them to be very high quality pieces even though most don't believe that.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
As odd as this may sound, I've seen a lot of high quality Invicta watches in my hands. The ones I've seen were very well made watches, filled with high quality details on the dial, hands and even the bracelets.
I'm happy with mine, can't say anything else. I know a lot of people will not agree with this, but that's a fact (for me).

Hern谩n
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This post is written in perfectly good spanglish

Registered
A lot of watch snobs consider Seikos garbage, too, so I guess you have to take all opinions with a grain of salt. Personally, I love the blue one you had up first. I bought a red diver for my daughter and have heard no complaints.

Registered
I dislike invicta, but only due to a bad personal experience with one. I was given one and the tube pulled out of the case! A screw down crown doesn't do much good if the tube isn't installed properly.

That being said, I'd really like to get my hands on one with an NE78...

Special Member
The fact that you have a collection of watches in a broad price range confirms that you like watches regardless of others perception of any particular brand or model. If you like something that's what matters. Nice watches you got there!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful couple, Dennis!

Hern谩n
Enviado desde mi iPad

Registered
Nothing wrong with wearing a watch you like.

I had a Swatch years ago that often really powerful well-to-do guys would ask me what it was and I would say "Swatch" and they always gave me a big thumbs up for finding such a cool watch and not being self conscious about wearing it. These guys were Rolex, IWC, vintage Omega kind of guys.

Registered
Hey all brands have bad models...invicta just changed the quality and that is why there not looked at well..i have heard great things about the swiss made ones...sad they did not stay with quality

Registered
they have some great designs...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts