The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new at SCWF, although I know some of you from other forums in which I am member. I am also a moderator in a Spanish watch forum callled www.relojesparatodos.com (RPT). Anyway, I will use this post to introduce myself at SCWF.

We have published an interview, made two weeks ago, to Colonel William R. Pogue, well known because he wore a Seiko 6139-6002 (Seiko "Colonel Pogue") in a space mission in 1973, becoming the first automatic chronograph in travel to the space.

For whom remembers it, this is the last known photo taken to that watch:

There is an English version of this interview (published in a Spanish watch forum):

http://www.relojesparatodos.com/vb/threads/1-Entrevista-con-el-Tiempo-William-R.-Pogue?p=2&viewfull=1#post2

Please excuse mistakes in my english during the interview.

Hope you enjoy this post, if you haven't already read.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
jsimarro, the interview was fantastic and I am sure everyone is appreciative of the effort and time it must have taken to get the interview. I love watch stories, and this is perhaps Seiko's greatest compliment ever.

Thank you....

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
^-^ Thank you for posting, very interesting 8) Bob.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Hi Jsimarro,
Welcome to SCWF! I posted a link to your interview on the SCWF a few days ago. Thanks again for taking the time to share this with us!
Tom

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
I always wonder if Col. Pogue sometimes wonders why a bunch of watch nuts keep talking to him about his old Seiko. ;D

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
^-^ Jismarro, welcome.

Fantastic interview with the Pogue. You did a great job and I enjoyed the read and learned some interesting facts from a historical character.
Thanks for your work and posting the transcript.

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thanks for this interview and translation...and Seiko should pay some fees to Colonel Pogue for indirectly begin a 'spokesman' for Seiko 6139 making it famous and more collectable.. :-*

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, thank you all of you with your warm welcome, specially to Tom, who has advanced the work. Sorry for repeating the post :-[

For your information, Mr. Pogue is a very affordable person. I'm allright that maybe he is asking himself why these people (we all) make questions about a watch, after he made in his life so many interesting things. That's why I also tried to ask about his mission. In fact, everybody knows about the watch. Now we all know something about him.

And also for your information, I have just received today some original photos from him in my P.O. Box. The photos are known in the Internet (some are the same), but these are original and hand signed by him, so I will use them when I make the review of my Pogue. It will be an original Pogue review, quadruple signed (triple signed on the watch, and signed on the background) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts