The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My timegrapher is telling me something is not quite right (6309a movement)
I have been trying to correct the problem but this is the best reading I can get.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Riccardo

Attachments

·
Researcher
5,218 Posts
Did you have a look at the Witschi training manual, in the archives?
It has a lot of information.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi
My timegrapher is telling me something is not quite right (6309a movement)
I have been trying to correct the problem but this is the best reading I can get.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Riccardo
Have you de-magnetised and regulated the movement?

·
Craftsman
1,644 Posts
With large variations in rate given the sine wave variations check the escape wheel to make sure it runs true. Also inspect closely the gear train for any defects. This would also include the MS barrel and mainspring. I would start with escape wheel first and then move to inspecting the train wheels followed by the mainspring and barrel. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
With large variations in rate given the sine wave variations check the escape wheel to make sure it runs true. Also inspect closely the gear train for any defects. This would also include the MS barrel and mainspring. I would start with escape wheel first and then move to inserting the train wheels followed by the mainspring and barrel. Good luck with it.
I wasn't certain if he had stripped the watch down from what was stated.

·
Registered
124 Posts
With large variations in rate given the sine wave variations check the escape wheel to make sure it runs true. Also inspect closely the gear train for any defects. This would also include the MS barrel and mainspring. I would start with escape wheel first and then move to inspecting the train wheels followed by the mainspring and barrel. Good luck with it.
Listen you John's advice.
He's a master and highly knowledgeable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys
Thank you for your inputs.
Yes, I did stripped the watch down a few times. I think I found the problem, the escape wheel.
I had a spare in the drawer, I wasn't sure which movement belonged to but I tried it anyway.
The reading has improved a lot, no more wavy trace. I will be monitoring the movement for the next 24 hours and see how it runs.
Keep you posted
Thanks, R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts