The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys what am I looking at here??? Is this an interesting piece or customised parts?

Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Highly compromised piece
Unless it is very cheap
You are missing some very expensive pieces
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
546 Posts
I posted this one on my Instagram not too long ago and it got a lot of attention - reminds me of yours. One cool theory someone had posted was that perhaps it belonged to a mobile Muslim, who would have to know which direction Mecca was in when the call to prayer came twice per day. There is a way to point the hour hand at the sun and determine North on the Compass but I am no boyscout.

Anyway, I'd rather look at this as a cool find of a very early Seiko Mod - if it were cheap it might be a fun grab especially for storytelling. "Back in the 60's there was this wandering Muslim warrior...who preferred Seiko of course..."

😂 😂 😂

Thanks for sharing,

JR
IG: @my_seiko_obsession

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Measuring instrument
Watch Watch accessory Clock Jewellery Natural material

·
Registered
5 Posts
I posted this one on my Instagram not too long ago and it got a lot of attention - reminds me of yours. One cool theory someone had posted was that perhaps it belonged to a mobile Muslim, who would have to know which direction Mecca was in when the call to prayer came twice per day. There is a way to point the hour hand at the sun and determine North on the Compass but I am no boyscout.

Anyway, I'd rather look at this as a cool find of a very early Seiko Mod - if it were cheap it might be a fun grab especially for storytelling. "Back in the 60's there was this wandering Muslim warrior...who preferred Seiko of course..."

😂 😂 😂

Thanks for sharing,

JR
That 6217 was scratch free underneath. Whoever stuck the disc did a good job. The movement was superclean but had a heavy tobacco smell. Doubtful to have been owned by a travelling Muslim or at the least not a devout one.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Wow, glad to see that it went to someone here! I was obviously wondering what lurked beneath and believe it or not that was one of my most liked or seen posts of 2021 (not that I have many followers, but the ones who do are watch people and they must have found that one interesting!).

If not my traveling Muslim, were you able to get a story from the seller at all as to why they had that disc on it?

Small world, thank you @whisper.tick for chiming in. I would love to share a follow up of this on my Instagram page, I will send you a DM.

Thanks!!

JR

·
Special Member
1,957 Posts

Thanks for sharing,

JR

View attachment 488113 View attachment 488114
I saw one with these caseback markings in a Goodwill lot on eBay. There wasn't a shot of the front of the watch. Assume maybe this is the same watch? I had a crack, but it went too high for me without any shot of the front of the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts