The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this today on the Bay - Item#111581210249 a beat up 1976 6105-8110 with a 'RARE BLUE BEZEL INSERT' ..? - Located in India. However, I was curious to see the dial is 'water150proof' marked and appears to carry the Daini mark beneath. However the photo showing the watchback presents itself with the Suwa mark! Anyway I've not come across this variation of dial before. I have a 'proof' dial but it carries the Suwa mark, and indeed I've been unable to spot this variant among Uncle Google's amazing photo collection! Could it be that production was moved to the Daini factory for the end of the 6105 manufacturing run? - but I was under the impression that the 'proof' dials appeared at the beginning of the run in the late 60s.
Just a curiosity but what thoughts anybody

Cheers

H

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've seen that one. The dial I'm sure is a redial, since it just says Water Proof and seems to be poorly written and has dots behind the hour markers. The caseback corresponds to 1976, when all the dials were Water 150m Resist, not Proof. Pretty much a Franken.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
well that one looks like it sadly has been repainted very poorly...might be ok for parts if you could get it for a great price...

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
shameful what they did to that 6105...a repro dial would even look better than that

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
what i am very shocked that one is making templates for dial restoration...i would think of the age of computerization and high technology we could replicate dials and make templates to repaint them...they do it in every other industry...or maybe even a heat transfer for the small details...has no one else had these thoughts?...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts