The Watch Site banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice watch, is that a plexi? Ticks a lot of boxes on my list!
Glass, Or I'm losing it..:cool: Get one, If you enjoy Seiko as I do, This watch will stick to you....:cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was looking for an All American Watch for daily rotation, I ran across The Ingersoll History. So I decided on THE SCOVILL AUTOMATIC I05005...Thoughts Please :cool:
A long way from the "Dollar Watch"
Honestly, I'd seen their stuff some time back, and the one you picked was the only one I liked. Looks great!
== Randy

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I really really like this design! It has design ques from Blancpain, Seiko, and a few others. Excellent colors and case design. It’s a very interesting reissue, looks like great quality. I’ve run into vintage Ingersoll in the past but you can’t do much with their original movements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So, Between wearing and winding to keep the watch going There has been a gain of 14 seconds since I bought the watch a month ago or so...I love the watch as it melds with my wrist and eyes :)

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
This particular Ingersoll is classically handsome and even more so on the wrist rather than the catalog. I really feel catalogs could benefit from using real photography rather that animated workup. This is a perfect example of that idea. Great choice and congratulations on the new acquisition ! Very sharp indeed !

·
Registered
137 Posts
I like the looks of that new diver it is a really tasteful blend. I always thought Ingersoll owned Westclox but maybe they were just both "dollar watch" companies. This is the only dollar watch I have in my collection, it was one I lusted for as a kid seeing it in the case at Western Auto, so when I saw a NOS one I bought it, probably 20 years ago.

west3.jpg

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
^^^ Very interesting pieces Gents....I still own The Ingersoll as it is a Keeper ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's a beauty!! :love::love:

I've a few Ingersolls that are old, Maybe 1960's/70's..

I can vaguely recall buying a more modern one with a signature on the dial in italics like the OP's watch, I#ve no idea where it is and I can only remember that it was a very solid and heavy case/bracelet!!

PS, Sorry about the poor pics, I'm rubbish with a camera!!

John (y)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts