The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for an All American Watch for daily rotation, I ran across The Ingersoll History https://www.ingersoll1892.com/history So I decided on THE SCOVILL AUTOMATIC I05005...Thoughts Please :cool:

A long way from the "Dollar Watch"

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
There are some classically beautiful lines used here. I have never purchased an Ingersoll but I have been pulled into their interesting catalog of watches while looking online. There are some eye catching designs that deserve some attention for sure. Yours looks great with some Seiko DNA included !

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
There are some classically beautiful lines used here. I have never purchased an Ingersoll but I have been pulled into their interesting catalog of watches while looking online. There are some eye catching designs that deserve some attention for sure. Yours looks great with some Seiko DNA included !
Hey Chronomaster don’t you have an Ingersoll dial mod watch?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hey Chronomaster don’t you have an Ingersoll dial mod watch?
Jon, no I sure don't. My only experience with the brand is checking out their website and the opinions of fellow forum members. Although I have seen models that interested me I just haven't seen one that checked all the necessary boxes for me to make that final decision. I have been in a vintage mode for quite a while now so that's another reason I haven't gotten one.

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking forward to the arrival....A closer look will make my mind up.

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Watch arrived today, I am very pleased, Fit and finish are really top notch, Screw down Crown and a Very nice coin edge Rotating Bezel click solid and definite. The Gild is just enough for me. Fits and feels like a second skin...Size is perfect for my wrist, I think I'll keep this one ;)

·
Premium Member
9,630 Posts
it's not the run of the mill watch - nice choice David .... hope to see more of it ...

Reactions: DAHASCO

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sharp looking watch, David. Curious to hear your thoughts after having it on your wrist for a bit.
3rd day wearing the watch and I am really loving the watch. Just as comfy as my 7548 on Z199 and I might loke this watch nearly as much as I like a 6309-704x.

Sent from my LM-X410.F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't run that test yet. I will follow up in a week or so.

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wearing the watch for half the day and the watch resting dial up gained 1 second in a day. I wear a different watch at work ;) Updates to follow.

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Startling update: The watch lost an hour last night :57::682:

·
Registered
25,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, Daylight savings 1 hour back

1 - 20 of 30 Posts