The Watch Site banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time listener, first time caller. Please let me know if I missed any posting/format rules.

I have a Seiko 7006-7019 serial number 030561 and was curious about how to identify, when it was made, it and any other fun information about it. I love the look and think of it as a placeholder for a gold green president if I ever get that far in collecting.

From what I have gathered the movement is a 7006 and the case is a 7019. When I look up the 7019 case I see images of cases similar and very different to mine. I also haven't been able to pin down the exact dates this movement was used. Researching online has shown me a lot of conflicting date ranges for the movement. I'd like to be able to determine which year the first "0" in the serial number represents to determine if it was made in 1970/80, or if I'm way off. Looking for any dates, information, trivia, etc related to the watch.

The bracelet did not come with the watch - it came with a terrible bracelet without end links so I looked for the closest match on ebay and replaced it. The bracelet is Seiko branded and looks pretty real but I purchased it knowing it was more than likely not real. While sizing it to fit, the consistent wear and the grime on the inside made me a bit more hopeful that it wasn't a fake bracelet cranked out last week. The end links have "E1013-E" stamped on the underside tabs, a quick search showed consistent bracelets and also made me lean towards thinking its real. Any info on whether or not the bracelet looks legit and/or period correct would be appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance.
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Automotive lighting Flash photography Camera accessory
Watch Clock Natural material Jewellery Watch accessory
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Hand Finger Gesture Thumb Everyday carry

·
Special Member
5,466 Posts
March 1970 #661 in production
0=year 3=month 0661 number of production
Bracelet looks proper

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
March 1970 #661 in production
0=year 3=month 0661 number of production
Bracelet looks proper
Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Been browsing around the forum and really like it. Coming from r/watches theres a lot of knowledge here about some of my favorite brands. Any reason why looking up the case # shows inconsistent results? Is it because of it being an obscure case so searching photos shows a mixed bag of random cases?

·
Special Member
5,466 Posts
Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Been browsing around the forum and really like it. Coming from r/watches theres a lot of knowledge here about some of my favorite brands. Any reason why looking up the case # shows inconsistent results? Is it because of it being an obscure case so searching photos shows a mixed bag of random cases?
Over the years dials get put into other cases, wrong casebacks are used, watches get modified with parts on hand, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Started digging through 1969-71 catalogues and actually found my exact watch. Looks like it is all correct other than the bracelet which was expected (pretty darn close match though). Posting it here incase someone stumbles upon this thread in the future. Link to the site I found it in below and PDF attached.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts