The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first Pulsar, and couldn't be more excited. It's a y514-6009. Being that the movement is basically a 7546, it should be quite fun to play around with. The Bezel also has me quite interested. The insert appears to be from a Seiko diver with the inner diameter increased. The outer edge looks normal though, and it'd be amazing if it fits a 6309. The crown setup looks quite similar to a 6309 as well.

Once it arrives I'll be looking into whether it is more suited for a restore or a mod, but either way, I think it'll be a lot of fun. The case reminds me of the old ladies' divers which I'm quite fond of, and have always wished Seiko did a men's version. Hopefully my friend coming over to Vietnam next month can bring it!

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Nice catch! I've got a Pulsar diver which I received from the original owner back in the early 80's. It dates to 78" from what I recall.
I call it a Poor Man's Tuna due to the chunky case, I'm poor, and it will have to do because I can't afford a Tuna.......I have since installed a Wjean solid oyster which suits the watch nicely.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice catch! I've got a Pulsar diver which I received from the original owner back in the early 80's. It dates to 78" from what I recall.
I call it a Poor Man's Tuna due to the chunky case, I'm poor, and it will have to do because I can't afford a Tuna.......I have since installed a Wjean solid oyster which suits the watch nicely.

That one is next on my list. When I was trying to hunt down info on mine during the auction I came across pics of those. I like it because it's very different, but not so much that it really stands out as such.
I'm curious what else is hiding out there under the guise of sub-brands. I don't know all the subtle variations of some recent Seiko diver models, but outside of that, I feel like I have a decent grasp on seiko's diver history. These Pulsars open up some new and possibly more affordable territory if I'm able to track them down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts