The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well its been a fairly busy 10 days for our postie.

Couple of the new Prospexs have arrived, a nice 1000m, rare discovery, Guigiaro Machinna Sportiva NOS and one huge Citizen.

The Prospexs are great. Gotta feeling that they are priced low too - they seem a lot of watch for what they can be acquired for. I think the prices will rise on these. Nice to see Seiko changing the formulation of the rubber straps too. This one has a nice silky/velvety finish. I am not sure if its a coating - hopefully not .

Nice deep faces. And as can be seen by the side of the 1000m - they aint small. Its funny - i remember getting my first 1000m Tuna -and it was huge . But now, they are dwarfed by some of the recent offerings.

Which brings me to the Citizen. This thing is huge. And heavy. Its solid and a lovely piece of engineering. This is the limited edition model - with a gold tone case and slightly different colouring to the dial etc. Now i know that there are many who hate naming a watch. Some ways i also cringe at the process. But I do find the names extremely helpful. They are far easier to remember than the model numbers. And the names are recognised and acknowledged - even by the likes of Seiko. The word Sumo is actually printed on the box of the limited edition Sumos.

So i propose to christen this beast the Leviathan. Which is apt - cos it is truly huge.

Anyway to the pics:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
:You_Rock_Emoticon: Wow some great arrivals you got there.

Would love to see that citizen in flesh,it's huge :3tens:

·
Registered
132 Posts
What an amazing haul you have got there. I have just added the SUN 019 to my collection a couple of weeks ago.

I see you have the limited edition wersion of the Citizen, any chance of a wrist shot and a side by side photo with the SUN019 as its another watch i have my sights on.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Neal. Give me a couple of days and i will sort a wrist shot for you. In some ways the Citizen doesn't look as big in the pics as it does in real life. In real life it certainly is no shrinking violet. In some ways its a strange one - its almost like an engineered instrument strapped to the wrist (i know thats what a watch is anyway).

If you are going for one, then IMO it pays to go for the LE. The shop i got mine from had the 3 versions lined up - and whilst all looked great, it was this one that stood head and shoulders above the others. Its not just the gold tinted case - the dial colours just seem a little more attractive too. Just my opinion.

The dealer where i got mine (Spain) said he had sold 3 LE versions and was unable to get anymore despite asking Seiko Spain.

Barry

·
Registered
132 Posts
I love Eco drives, have an Ecozilla and an Orca. The Orca is my daily beater at home.

Love the size of your new addition and would love to see one in the flesh. I agree with you that the dial on the limited edition looks the most attractive, but I'm not sure I would wear a gold plated version as much as I would the steel.

By the time I make my mind up, I think it will have sold out...lol.

Phone Citizen UK and all they were expecting was the BN 2029-01E which is the normal version and comes at a RRp of £629.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wow Barry, just wow!

Like Benny Hill in the original Italian Job, I can see that you like 'em BIG!!

I've never actually googled 'wristwatch orgy' but I've a feeling this post would show up if I did! - enjoy, you naughty boy!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am fairly sure its not gold plated Neal. I think its more gold filled .. Like the gold Tunas. It doesn't look like a plating . And its quite subtle .. Its not brash or harsh. If you get chance to see one in the flesh then I urge you to do so.

B

·
Registered
70 Posts
What an amazing bunch of new arrivals!
I have a Prospex SUN021 on the way - what is the rubber strap like, is it soft and comfy?

Congrats Barry, some stunners there, especially love the Darth!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks John.
And i must confess i would recommend them all - they have all lived upto expectations - especially the Citizen i must admit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts