The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. Here's my first g-shocks, I finally caught this bug.
Initially G-shocks didn't really appeal to me, as I was not into the digital movement and totally into the mechanical.
But upon constantly seeing, and reading about the tool/gadget factors, I was hooked. I really got hooked by the negative displays, as
they do have a really geeky cool factor to them.
But I must admit, it was the frogmans that lured me to them. Since I'm a sucker for divers, it was a natural transition. I was also
turned off by the costly factor that comes with popularity. But then you have Wis moments of grandeur. LOL.
How do you like them apples? hehe. Enjoy.
Dave.


First off came the Brazilian Addict Frogman. Love at first site. Had to have one, and the search was on. ;)



Second, a Mudman aka stormtrooper, very cool tank.
[IMG]


And third, the classic square case, but modernized coolness with reverse display. GWM5600bc, love this stealthy geek coolness. ;)
Great resin linked bracelet to boot. Solar/atomic, my first.
[img]http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy194/sharkfinDave/g-shock/GWM5600%20bc/66f3c0eb.jpg
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,045 Posts
sharkfinDave said:
Hi everybody. Here's my first g-shocks, I finally caught this bug.
Initially G-shocks didn't really appeal to me, as I was not into the digital movement and totally into the mechanical.
But upon constantly seeing, and reading about the tool/gadget factors, I was hooked. I really got hooked by the negative displays, as
they do have a really geeky cool factor to them.
But I must admit, it was the frogmans that lured me to them. Since I'm a sucker for divers, it was a natural transition. I was also
turned off by the costly factor that comes with popularity. But then you have Wis moments of grandeur. LOL.
How do you like them apples? hehe. Enjoy.
Dave.


First off came the Brazilian Addict Frogman. Love at first site. Had to have one, and the search was on. ;)



Second, a Mudman aka stormtrooper, very cool tank.
[img]


And third, the classic square case, but modernized coolness with reverse display. GWM5600bc, love this stealthy geek coolness. ;)
Great resin linked bracelet to boot. Solar/atomic, my first.
[img]http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy194/sharkfinDave/g-shock/GWM5600%20bc/66f3c0eb.jpg
8) 8) Dave! :-* them!

Cheers!
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,504 Posts
You got some nice ones there, especially with that Frogman. And the dual light on the mudman is worth the price of admission. There's something about that classic square that will just live forever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
that Brazilian Froggie is iconic and you must have paid a small king's ransom ! haha! Quite hard to find mint! usually over 500 beans for one :)) The new Mudmans are very light, thin and with newer darker numbers...great model....! The 5600 with bracelet is great too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, really diggin these G's. :)




Haha Thian, your right, but I did get a deal on it. ;)
Must be my buddhist beads on my wrist.


Cheers, Dave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
sharkfinDave said:
Thanks guys, really diggin these G's. :)




Haha Thian, your right, but I did get a deal on it. ;)
Must be my buddhist beads on my wrist.


Cheers, Dave.

Ommmm....padme ...ommmmmmmm.........hehehehe! keep praying to the G Shock gods! ;D ;D ;D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LUW said:
Dave, you're doomed!
[/quote]
Haha, yes your correct. And you are wise to steer clear of the G-shock affliction. ;D
Lets hope I can control myself and be content with the trio. ;)


Cheers, Dave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,500 Posts
sharkfinDave said:
Haha, yes your correct. And you are wise to steer clear of the G-shock affliction. ;D
Lets hope I can control myself and be content with the trio. ;)


Cheers, Dave.
I definitively don't want to go down that road, so I steer myself clear of G-Shocks. Have two and that's it.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top