The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
A friend of mine did a very kind gesture and gave me his watch which was listed for sale,in order to wear it for a while and decide if we can bond together.
What do you of it? I like it. Just not aure of the size. It is bigger than my Speedy Pro.

I apologise for the perlon,bit the bracelet it came with,is little bit stuck and I couldn't resize it. Probably will go for Uncle Seiko options.

All the best and take care.
Dimi

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I like big, heavy watches so I don’t have any issues with the UFO although I don’t have one yet. But I do have the 6138 slide rule which is probably even more top heavy. I think that a bracelet is needed to really check if you like it or not. These on a strap don’t really give you the full effect imho. Looks beautiful to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
where have i seen that watch? the missing paint on the minute hand looks so familiar..... the watch looks great!

<* shark >>><

·
Premium Member
9,282 Posts
nice watch. congrats. It would be worth tracking down the bracelet for it IMO.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Beautiful pickup. I just finished one just like it for my personal collection. It really does not wear that big due to it not having any lugs. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
816 Posts
where have i seen that watch? the missing paint on the minute hand looks so familiar..... the watch looks great!

<* shark >>><
Yup, struck a chord with me as well, as soon as I saw it. That UFO/Yachtsman is a nice watch. In general I much prefer the 6138's over the 6139's for their handwinding ability, but I have to admit the gold-dialled Pogues are something else....... there's a mint one somewhere calling my name.... ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Always liked the 6138-001X UFO/Yachtman, I found a nice example last year with no bracelet.

This was easily remedied with an Uncle Seiko president style bracelet that is very comfortable. Highly recommended.
Mine came with a bracelet which is stretched and I couldn't resize it so it will be just kept in the drawer. I was thinking for some aftermarket - like Uncle Seiko Flat-link

Flat-Link Bracelet Solid Link fits 6138 6106 6119 4006

Or this one, which is aftermarket as well:

eBay

All the best and thank you for your inputs.
Dimi

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Mine came with a bracelet which is stretched and I couldn't resize it so it will be just kept in the drawer. I was thinking for some aftermarket - like Uncle Seiko Flat-link

Flat-Link Bracelet Solid Link fits 6138 6106 6119 4006

Or this one, which is aftermarket as well:

eBay

All the best and thank you for your inputs.
Dimi
I’d go with the UncleSeiko option. I’ve found Larry’s bracelets (and rubber straps) to be excellent quality.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've owned these models for years and known them as UFO's but where does the Yachtsman come from?

Certainly not a yachting watch.

Mine - all original including bracelet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've owned these models for years and known them as UFO's but where does the Yachtsman come from?

Certainly not a yachting watch.

Mine - all original including bracelet.

View attachment 449747
It has been advertised as yachtsman in some ad. The rest is history.

Seiko vintage ad by Unimetrics Inc, official distributor. For some reason the UFO is called a “marine watch” here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts