The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does no one sell a coil for the 7123 anymore? I know Seiko discontinued 4002010 a while ago. I would be happy to get my hands on and brand coil that would fit. I have gone through all the suppliers I know of. Anyone have a supplier that maybe I do not know about?
I resorted to taking a chance buying non running complete 7123 watches off eBay only to purchase 4 7123 powered watches in a row and all 4 had bad coils. The price of running 7123 watches are climbing on eBay with beat up runners listed for $50 dollars at buy in now prices all the way up to $100 for cleaner ones.
Someone out there has to make a coil that will work on the 7123. The other scary thing is if you do a check almost all of the early Seiko quartz movements almost every single coil part number is discontinued by Seiko now. 0903 4633 4663 7123 7546 7548 all no longer available. The only older Seiko movement coil I found that is still available is the one for the 8123.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have not heard of them. I will give them a call and see. Thanks for the information. You can never have to many sources!

Michael

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
great info...Mike you are right....best to have many resources...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well finally gave up looking and had to buy two more running 7123's to part out just to get good coils. At least they had ugly dials on them so I do not feel so bad when I part them out.

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts