The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted a Seiko 300m Professional Quartz Diver on ebay, it was simply described as a Mens Seiko Watch. I spent ages trying to identify it, but couldn't find another example. The seller stated in his listing that he was happy to post abroad......... so with sweaty palms and baited breath I waited for the last few seconds of the auction before pouncing. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH !!! Ebay wouldn't accept the bid because the seller had listed it as a UK sale only :mad: It sold for £22 !!!!!!!!

So can anyone tell me what model it is, and confirm if it is a rare model

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330423688376&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
821 Posts
Re: In Ebay No one can hear you scream

I haven't seen this 'seiko' before but IMO its a feiko..

although the applied 'SEIKO' logo looks legit probably from some other model(franken mod)?

The water resist wordings looks weird though..our of place.. it be better with a simpler 'Professional 300m'

any pics of case back?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

If it is a fake, then that makes me feel much happier :) saved by Karma (but my name isn't Earl).

I only spotted the listing within the final few hours, so I didn't get the chance to ask any questions, or for further pictures.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

Certainly nothing I've ever seen before (and that is not meant in a positive way!)

"the bezel rotates both ways. no clicks. the dial is marked. professional. 300m water resistant" - the bezel rotating both ways does not correspond with the rest of the text, in my rushed opinion its a fake.

·
Registered
821 Posts

yeah sieko.... the seller listed it as a sieko so don't expect a seiko...
if it looks too good to be true,probably it is..

:p

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quelle Surprise...... The Feiko has been relisted. The "buyer" has slapped a strap on it, and has stuck it on ebay.

Was it because they bought it to make a fast buck, or has it been relisted because they realised it was a fake. It now has picture of the caseback in the listing.

[Link to live auction deleted by Moderator.]

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Thats the first 9 digit serial code I have seen on a Seiko? Also, is the model number a GO7009-20F???

Weird indeed........

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Hard to say what it could be. Here are the auction pics:

The caseback, except for the extra long serial number, sure looks like an original seiko caseback, right down to the Daini logo. The dial definitely follows some well established seiko design themes. Tha hands definitely are not any that seiko used on professional divers (plus the second hand is not lumed as would be expected on such a watch). I'm not 100% convinced that it is a fake, but it is definitely suspect.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Everything about that watch screams "Fake!" to me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have seen that dial somewhere before. And the crown looks totally out of place for a dive watch. Way too short for a screw-down crown.

andy b.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Isthmus said:
Hard to say what it could be. Here are the auction pics:

[img]

[img]

The caseback, except for the extra long serial number, sure looks like an original seiko caseback, right down to the Daini logo. The dial definitely follows some well established seiko design themes. Tha hands definitely are not any that seiko used on professional divers (plus the second hand is not lumed as would be expected on such a watch). I'm not 100% convinced that it is a fake, but it is definitely suspect.
[/quote]

Looks fake to me. Dial says quartz, but the caseback says 7009. Dead giveaway to me.

Cheers!
Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts