The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
33,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this SHC059P1 Sawtooth today in a trade.

First impressions are good, I like the size, bezel action good and the dial is very nice.

But the hands just do not go with the dial IMO, they are just so wrong almost like a poor mod done by one of us tinkerers!!! to me they needed to be something quite hefty to match the dial hour markers, I think even hands from a MM would look better than the originals, jmo :)

What do other owners think to the hands ?

But apart from the hands i do like it, just need a bracelet now :)

·
Ultimate Collector
3,295 Posts
I'm not familiar with that one John... Good looking but the hands look like an afterthought. Now, if it's a keeper that's given you something to think about - what hands to fit?

Talking of hands and orange dials....
I've just bought this 6309-729B from a seller in USA. The dial is slightly faded, which I can live with. But the hands are not good. The wabi isn't the only problem, they are gold coloured and someone has scratched them so badly they may be beyond redemption. I've sent it to Duncan (Cannop) in the hope he can do something to bring it back to its former glory.:unsure:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Stargate SKZ327 hands might be nice, as the markers dont have a border. They dont have the dark border like the ones for the orange Stargate (and other typical orange dial hands).

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well i am sure you will make it look incredible again...i think a set of hands like the original 6309 divers should look amazing

·
Administrator
33,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what I was thinking Russ or white sword. One thing I was wondering though is do mechanical hands fit a quartz?
I was wondering that as well :)

Normally, not always, but normally.

Automatics are 20/90/150

and quartz are,

20/65/110

So i dont know ? the movement is a 7N36 (0AF0), any one know for sure what the hand sizes are ?

·
Special Member
4,114 Posts
I was wondering that as well :)

Normally, not always, but normally.

Automatics are 20/90/150

and quartz are,

20/65/110

So i dont know ? the movement is a 7N36 (0AF0), any one know for sure what the hand sizes are ?
Forgot about the quartz thing. Maybe Harold Ng has some of these in all white?

·
Registered
261 Posts
hey john, that's like wow really orange. sell that to me and i'll wear to all the home games of World Champ SF Giants....aka orange and black

jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts