The Watch Site banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Am trying to decide which vintage Seiko to buy. So many cool options. If you could only have one...what would it be? (Please post pics - I'm a newbie)
I'm relatively new to Seiko collecting myself. One of the most astonishing thing about seiko in the 60s/70s was the range and depth of their offerings. It was genuinely a golden age of Japanese watch making.

If you're interested in more recent offerings, you still have a large number of choices.

I would suggest that you look at some of the vintage catalogs that are available on this site and just browse through them to get a feel of what was available. For more current offerings, I'd suggest you check out https://www.seiyajapan.com/

I started with some JDM offerings, but immediately went to vintage.

Needless to say, I have found this site to be an amazing resource with a multitude of generous and knowledgeable members.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Something hand wound, 36'000, no date. GS or Lord Marvel, most likely.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Probably this 6215-7000....
It is so easy to wear, and easier to start than a 6159.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Always a personal choice. If I had just one, it would be the 6138-0030 with the blue dial. Of the watches I have, it's the one I seem to wear the most. So it must be my favorite. Second favorite, probably the same watch with the champaign dial. Love the 6138's.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts