The Watch Site banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Special Member & Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I have a critical look a my collection I often ask ....why did I buy that.
Then I start thinking of which of my collection gives me the most pleasure, normally its the higher end / rarer watches that I have had overhauled, or the oddball short production run item that I've learnt about and had to hunt, Not the expensive straight out purchase.

·
Poet Laureate
1,332 Posts
I wouldn't change much. There are a few I should have nabbed, and a few I should have passed on (or just paid less for), but overall I did great. I started with inexpensive pieces, focused on high quality examples (with bracelets), bought nicer and nicer things as my budget increased, did my research and didn't compromise on originality.

·
Special Member
1,636 Posts
I did start over, after a divorce in 2005 followed by the RE crash caused a massive sell off of just about everything of high value, I kept only sentimental watches for the most part and since then I have only purchased "affordable" watches that were keepers. I really enjoy where my collection is at today and I am looking forward to my next two purchases an SSK003 and an SPB313. A couple of years ago I sold three 6105-8119s with a plan to replace them with a SLA049 but when I had the watch in my hand it did not entice me enough to spend that kind of $$. I have no doubt about the SSK at all but I want to see the SPB313 in the metal first before spending $1k on it.

·
First Lady
3,155 Posts
I did start over, after a divorce in 2005 followed by the RE crash caused a massive sell off of just about everything of high value, I kept only sentimental watches for the most part and since then I have only purchased "affordable" watches that were keepers. I really enjoy where my collection is at today and I am looking forward to my next two purchases an SSK003 and an SPB313. A couple of years ago I sold three 6105-8119s with a plan to replace them with a SLA049 but when I had the watch in my hand it did not entice me enough to spend that kind of $$. I have no doubt about the SSK at all but I want to see the SPB313 in the metal first before spending $1k on it.
My hunch is you will love the SPB313. It’s a special watch.

As for the question posed by the OP, “shoulda, woulda, coulda”, it doesn’t matter. You can’t change the past…. I have a lot of great watches, so no regrets.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
873 Posts
If there were a way to start over, then a collection of three watches would be optimal. I only have two wrists and only so much time left for which to enjoy them. I would like to use that time enjoying a smaller collection while building sentimentality/history with them. This is something I sorely miss having over 100 watches. On that note perhaps it is time to seek professional help.:unsure:

·
Special Member
4,027 Posts
This is a great question. I’ve made a few mistakes but I’ve learned from those.

Maybe the right answer lies in this from the Time Teller Shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
3,753 Posts
I know what I like now. I enjoy what I have, but I could do without half of my watches.
There's a good chunk of my collection that doesn't stay on the wrist longer than a couple of hours.
A new start would be very focused and limited to under 20 watches

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts