The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
30,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should have.

When ever we fit a crystal retaining ring we line the case with the ring on it with the upper die and press it into place same as bezels etc, no problem as such but we do have to line the top and bottom up so that even pressure is applied to do it correctly.

So I decided to make a custom bottom die for my Seiko crystal press that I have been meaning to make for ages, retirement allows these little things to get done :)

This "custom" die locates in the bore (A) at the back of the case with .002" play so a nice snug fit and bottom locates (B) where the case back fits, a shade wider than case back but still on the flat of the case with a cut out (C) for case tube.

So just drop the case on the custom die, place the the ring on the case and press into place, every thing lines up perfectly and nice even pressure when pressing into place :)

This was a very early TST prototype using a "scrap" case from Ramon, notice the case tube.

·
Craftsman
3,724 Posts
I've got a Birthday coming up in 8 months John. How'd you know I had one of those on my list??

I'll take one too btw

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
very smart man...very well done...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts