The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can not blame anyone but myself as when I joined this forum I only had a couple of watches. As time has gone on my collection is growing ,seeing other members beautiful examples on here I hear a voice in my ear saying You Know you want one go on you know you do. Slowly but surely the postman comes with another package . It may be a watch it may be tools.
I was warned this would happen but I thought I would be strong enough to resist the urge. NO I FAILED miserably.
I AM A SEIKOHOLIC and PROUD OF IT.
But my bank balance does not look good at all. The missus is now starting to moan about the room it's taking up, the money spent and the time I spend drooling over watches.
I hate Ebay It takes my money, like a mugger on a street corner. But I still go back to that corner and give more.
Is there any hope for me????.

·
Administrator
32,595 Posts
I know I can not blame anyone but myself as when I joined this forum I only had a couple of watches. As time has gone on my collection is growing ,seeing other members beautiful examples on here I hear a voice in my ear saying You Know you want one go on you know you do. Slowly but surely the postman comes with another package . It may be a watch it may be tools.
I was warned this would happen but I thought I would be strong enough to resist the urge. NO I FAILED miserably.
I AM A SEIKOHOLIC and PROUD OF IT.
But my bank balance does not look good at all. The missus is now starting to moan about the room it's taking up, the money spent and the time I spend drooling over watches.
I hate Ebay It takes my money, like a mugger on a street corner. But I still go back to that corner and give more.
Is there any hope for me????.
In a word ? NO :)

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well that is the best statement i have heard in a very long time...thank you ...God Bless John

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Hmmmm know the feeling only too well :)
Oh yes, I had four or five watches when I joined this forum about 6 months ago, now I have in excess of 30 watches that I can wear and quite a few more 'projects', sadly there is absolutely no hope for you. :(

·
Registered
238 Posts
Unfortunately I find myself going down the same slippery slope. I would class myself at the moment as a watchaholic who is slowly but surely to become a Seikoholic.

I currently have about 60 pocket watches and nigh on 30 wristwatches - then I bought two Seiko's. One is a 7T92-0BA0 chronograph which is undergoing restoration. The other is a LCD which is working just fine but needs a longer strap so that I can wear it.

I keep drifting over to the sales section and drooling over what I would like to buy.
Very very fortunately, I don't have enough posts in order to be able to make a reply to those threads. So my bank account and wallet is safe - for now!!!!

But in the future, I will no doubt buy a "few" :wacko: and join the esteemed ranks of Seikoholics.

Regards

David

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I'm at over 100 I believe but I never counted. About 70 are wrist ready. Many more are waiting their turn for a movement rebuild or a new crystal and a case polishing. I have enough to keep me busy for several years I believe right now.

Michael

·
"The Prospector"
4,648 Posts
I think i'm in the 70 league, never actually counted, i dont think i dare do so tbh :eek:hmy: I would scare myself:D
I'm at over 100 I believe but I never counted. About 70 are wrist ready. Many more are waiting their turn for a movement rebuild or a new crystal and a case polishing. I have enough to keep me busy for several years I believe right now.

Michael

·
Administrator
32,595 Posts

Michael
I'm lucky i have been able to keep it under control and have less than a dozen :)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
No cure yet to be found and no shot to be taken I am sorry to say.
There will never be a ...... " Serum Found or Developed " , to treat that urging feeling.
You are in a very good position like most on here and are still buying.:57:
Take the Mrs. constantly out and keep her under ....." Surveillance Constantly ".
Always be aware that she is "Hacking your computer and tapping you phone " to check if you are on the Bay.
Beside all that ......." No one will be able to help you ", so just buy a few more.:72:
Also watch you phone calls so we on the Forum wont be seeing a posting like this.

I must admit that I have to many and not enough yet. When my stack got to (3) I said ..." A Few More wont hurt ". The was just about.....
" 62 of these Watch's earlier ", now it is like this and far from those (3) first ones now.:hee20hee20hee:
But there are more hiding yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is nice to see so many with this terrible affliction, there is only one thing for it I have to buy another to console myself. I just got to learn how to repair and service them myself.
Ahhh I need more tools!!!;)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
You're doomed. There is no cure. Buy two watches and go lie down in a quiet corner.

I started with one watch and now have , er.......more than that. I have it soooooo bad that I find it easier to get to sleep if I can hear a gentle ticking near me at night :57:

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
I'm lucky i have been able to keep it under control and have less than a dozen :)

Liar, liar, Pants on FIRE! and I'll bet they only cost $5 each.........:hellno:

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
Stop it Tom i'm in "Denial" :)

Denial is an outright refusal to admit or recognize that something has occurred or is currently occurring.
Me Too! I'm not taking a count. What you don't know can't hurt you or the Misses..........;)

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
There is always hope. Having gone through the I must have one of them, and one of them too phase, learning to tinker and having the temptation of doing uppers and after about five years randomness I have a direction to my watch collecting and things are much calmer now :biggrin:

·
Special Member
27,744 Posts
You Think It Is BAD Now....Just Wait.... And Wait.... For The Postal Authorities :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts