The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Bellophiles,

I honestly thought I had finished with my obsession about Bellmatics, and that I had completed my collection.......So it was with some dispair that, on reading the post regarding the most desirable/collectible Bells, I find that there is something called a Diashock Dolphin cased creature.

Could someone put me out of my misery and tell me what this is? A picture would be most appreciated as I feel that I must now spend another 5 years finding one....

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Here you go, a rather recent post by member itau:

http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/171826-rarest-bellmatic-dolphin.html

As you will see, that particular model is characterized by five unique features (although it shares the latter two with the more common "standard" 4006-7000 diashock model):

- Dolphin Caseback
- Manufactured in 1966
- Big notch in the case
- "Diashock" dial script
- Narrow alarm pointer

The "standard" 4006 Diashock models, the 4005 and the 4006 Business are not THAT hard to find - provided you search on Yahoo.jp ;-)

Best
H

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for the information and the link. This has confirmed that my obsession has now run it's course and I ought to stop now as the chances of finding one of these Diashock Dolphin Bells is remote... Too old and too poor to complete my mission so I think I will halt at 50 Bellmatics.
I have just started a new obsession of collecting early Seiko (Seikosha) Supers.
Hopefully there are not too many of these.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
One of these sold on ebay a month ago
The pictures are still there right now if you are interested - search for item 231595681206
I guess you could argue ~$1300 is the market rate, since that's what it got

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Yes it's a bugger isn't it. Now I need one of those too!

It got strong money on the bay, but how long will it be before we see another?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
@ jackasti: I like you focussed collection approach, just make sure it doesn't eat you up :)

@ sossity, Jim: I can only repeat it: take a look at Yahoo.jp :)
IMO 1300 USD is not a realistic value for a dolphin 4006-7000 even though it is rare.

Best
H

1 - 6 of 6 Posts